Should we alter the dress code in schools?

I am for the resolution in which we should change the dress code to reduce the amount of rules.

Round 1: Acceptance and stating position
Round 2: State your claim, and arguments
Round 3: Attack opponents case, state why you are right.

Good luck, and I look forward to this round.

I am against the resolution which states that we should change the dress code in schools.

Thank you, I am looking forward to seeing how this debate will go.

What we wear shouldn't define us, and the way most schools enforce their dress code is stating that our choice of wear is stating that we should care about what others think.
I am not stating that we should allow clothing that shows way too much skin. I'm stating that we should let them choose what to wear without being too harsh. This boost academic performance because young people feel more comfortable in what they are wearing.

Some schools have too much rules on females only, (no shirts exposing the shoulder, no holes in jeans below the knee, no unnatural hair color) etc, because they say its "distracting."
The school might as well put a blindfold on the guys if they really think it's distracting them.

Also, they are only young once, and should do what they wish before they get a job, and even though schools say they're "preparing for their future" not ALL jobs have a strict dress code, and the students should be aware of this.

ruru forfeited this round.

Since my opponent forfeited this round there is nothing else to say, and I automatically won the debate.

Sorry about that.

what I am stating is that a school should have uniforms in order for the students to be recognised from their schools. When the students are not wearing their uniforms it is hard to record the mischief these students take part n out of school grounds.

Wearing clothes to school might discriminate other children who can not bring different clothes to school every day .
Posted by wwwwh 2 years ago
Pro should have stated what rules there are many diffrent schools with many difrent dress codes.
Posted by BlueEyed_Masterpiece 2 years ago
@Hematite12, Actually, a lot of schools aren't like that. For example, there is rules such as No holes in jeans below the knee, no shirts that show shoulders, no shorts. Even though these do not show private parts, or too much skin, these are banned from schools.
Posted by Hematite12 2 years ago
What rules? There are no dress code rules at public schools, except for the bare necessities (pun intended).

What, should women be allowed to go in bikinis and men shirtless? Pretty much everything else is allowed.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited and cede the argument to pro. He never gave pro an opportunity to respond.