Chewster88
sapere_aude

Should we arrest people from animal abuse?

sapere_aude

Chewster88

Pro

Why should you abuse an animal? It's so stupid how someone gets an animal just to abuse it, why? That's the stupidest thing I ever hear in my life. Do something else on your own time instead of abuseing an animal!
sapere_aude

Con

*Please note that i am actually for the arrest of animal abusers but am testing debating skills by taking the opposite argument.

We as a species tend to look at different animals in different ways. Some animals we see as food, others pets, some as beasts of labor and others as wild. We are for the most part allowed to treat animals as we wish without much consideration of rights, freedom or dignity of the animal. Especially under the law. We see no animal as an equal to a human either morally or under the law. If an animal and a human were in danger nearly everyone would save the human first. No animal"s life is equal or more valuable than a human. Animals are allowed to be hunted and killed to be eaten. They are allowed to be kept in zoos and to be experimented on. All of these conditions are unacceptable for humans and can be considered cruel and beneath the dignity of life. If it is socially acceptable for these conditions despite the disapproval of some then the abuse of an animal domestically is not a large enough crime to warrant jail time. A fine may be in order and the removal of the animal from the residence but not jail time that can actually severally ruin a person"s future chances at opportunities.
Chewster88

Pro

Chewster88 forfeited this round.
sapere_aude

Con

With no new arguments I have nothing to add at this time.
Chewster88

Pro

Chewster88 forfeited this round.
sapere_aude

Con

Chewster88

Pro

Chewster88 forfeited this round.
sapere_aude

Con

Chewster88

Pro

Chewster88 forfeited this round.
sapere_aude

Con

With no new arguments I have nothing to add at this time. I want to thank my oppant for there time. Thank you.
Posted by sapere_aude 9 months ago
sapere_aude
Don't be mean GOAT_23_6. its just the opening argument.
Posted by Chewster88 9 months ago
Chewster88
GOAT_23_6 this is my first time having a debate geez,
Posted by GOAT_23_6 9 months ago
GOAT_23_6
Chewster88 used stupidest in his opening argument. That right there is stupid, and just lost himself this debate.
Posted by KINS 9 months ago
KINS
We really should arrest animal abusers. It does not make sense that we do not. Abusing is a huge issue apart from ANIMAL abuse, and whoever abuses animals would commit more serious crimes such as murder, etc. Every fire starts from small sparkles.
Posted by Ozzyhead 9 months ago
Ozzyhead
I understand. Take a look around first. Good luck my friend
Posted by Chewster88 9 months ago
Chewster88
Thank you for helping:) (by the way this is my first debate)
Posted by Ozzyhead 9 months ago
Ozzyhead
Your opening argument doesn't argue in favor of arresting people who abuse animals. It is only arguing why people shouldn't abuse animals, and at that, it was a poor argument
Vote Placed by U.n 8 months ago
U.n
Chewster88sapere_audeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture