Sporty_Teenager
sahaam

Should we be able to rate teachers online?

Sporty_Teenager

Pro

There are just some teachers that you know are bad and they need to be stopped. It's your education at stake. It would all be better if you could just rate them online. Just constructive critism this is not to make them feel bad or to do it just because you hate that teacher. It's to give them a chance to improve and improve your education.
sahaam

Con

First of all,I would like to wish my opponent luck and all the best.

I believe that we should not be able to rate teachers on line,
this is because children might have a grudge over there teachers.The students might not like there teacher/teachers and rate them unfairly when really they are really good teachers.

My opponent has said " Just constructive criticism this is not to make them feel bad or to do it just because you hate that teacher."

The students might hate the teacher and rate them unfairly on line. The.The teachers might feel bad if they get a low rating.

My 2nd point is that rating teachers on line is unreliable because they wont be professional. They might make there score really high because the teachers nice to them or really low just because they got in trouble.We need to remember that students are only kids/teenagers.

In conclusion I say that we shouldn't be able to rate teachers online,there already stressed with other stuff,they don't have time to worry about there ratings online.

Sporty_Teenager

Pro

First of all, Good luck to you too!

Moreover we SHOULD be allowed to rate teachers because it opens up and opportunity for teens to prove that we can be responsible and mature and not just silly like my opponent pointed out. Even if someone where to give a teacher a low scoring they have to back it up with points as to why and they can't really say -> Nah I just hate them. That would get the kids in trouble . Teenagers can be mature enough to do this. It would be an unique opportunity for teens to take part and be able to have a say in how things are run. After all it' s OUR education at stake .I mean the teachers are getting paid to teach us and if they fail at doing so or you think they could improve on something it is out of our own will to want the best for our education . Therefore, we would rate the teachers fairly and respectfully. Also, obviously there would be moderators and such , no hate.

Thank you
sahaam

Con

I believe that we should not be able to rate teachers online.
Some teenagers don't care.There are some really "rebel" students that don't care if they get in trouble.There are some naughty students that will still say "nah,I just hate the teacher" or they could make up something about that teacher online. Teachers don't need to be told how to do there jobs by teenagers, its the bosses right to; if the students have a problem they can always just go up to the teacher,another teacher,or the school principal.Or if there happy with the teacher they can do the same thing.(Go up to teacher and tell them,another teacher, or the school principal.)
My second point is that teachers are already stressed enough.
They got other things to worry about like school reports.Teachers don't need to worry about students rating them online. Like I have said,if the students have a problem they can go up to the teacher and tell them or to another teacher,the school principal or someone they can trust.So what's the point of students rating there teachers online when they can do these things.
Children CAN still have THERE say by communicating and actually talking face to face.It will make the teacher think more about it instead of something that happened online. Also in my school we use to do reports and you would have to say at the end of the day on a peace of paper how you felt and if you have a problem.One of the students had a problem with the teacher and wanted to move out and so she did.Schools also have school Councillors,Prefects,Head boys and Head girls.
These students have there say to.
In conclusion we SHOULDN'T be able to rate teachers online.
Sporty_Teenager

Pro

Students SHOULD be able to rate teachers online. My opponent stated "...if the students have a problem they can always just go up to the teacher, another teacher, or the the school principal". I have to say if my teacher needed to improve on something it would not only be very awkward but embarrassing for the both of us. That's where online rating takes place. It is completely anonymous and the teacher knows what they're doing wrong and can change and improve. It helps both the teacher ( To strive to be better and improve) and the students (To get a better education). It's a win-win situation! Also, like I said before they could have moderators and you would specifically have to state why it is that you gave the teacher ____ scoring. Also to contradict my opponents point teachers should not be stressed out about the online ratings. It us a way for them to get constructive critism and be told what it is they need to improve on to become better at what they do, teach. Online rating would make school and teachers much better. It would be a way for us to inform our teachers and the school of what they lack so that they can improve for the gain of everyone. Overall I think students should be able to rate their teachers. It is not only for the benefit of the teachers but for us, the students, too. It would make teachers much better at what they do, which is teaching us, and therefore we would get a higher education. In conclusion, students SHOULD be able to rate teachers online, for the benefit of the teachers and students alike.
Thank you
sahaam

Con

sahaam forfeited this round.
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
Isn't there already something like this on the web?
Posted by Skeptikitten 2 years ago
Skeptikitten
Students don't have the knowledge to rate the effectiveness of a teacher. For crying out loud, studies have shown that 2/3 of a child's performance comes from factors OUTSIDE school, such as parental involvement and whether the kid actually puts in the effort.