learning4geeks
Themeaman909

Should we be allowed to drive at 14

Themeaman909
Started: 12/8/2015 Category: Cars

learning4geeks

Pro

I think we should be allowed but in middle/high school we would have to take special classes to learn.
Themeaman909

Con

Ok, lets talk about your "special classes". I think there needs to be more clarification when you talk about these classes. Do they already exist in some places, did you make it up off the top of your head as a solution, or is it a long talked about debate that hasn't been solved yet. I think you made it up as a solution, but clarify me, and back it up with evidence, if I am wrong.

Now that that is over with, I want to share something from an online article called http://oppositelock.kinja.com... and in the article they author says,"Some may argue that their child is very, very responsible. But I would consider myself very responsible, and even I wouldn"t be able to resist the temptation of showing off for my friends or pushing my car"s limits if I drove something fast. Still others just want their kid to be happy and popular. But is that really worth it?
I apologize if there are any parents on here whose kids have fast cars, but I"m just going to say it; In my opinion 16 year-old opinion, giving a high schooler a fast, street-racer-ish car is a moronic thing to do, and a recipe for disaster. These are kids that get themselves into serious trouble in Hyundai Accents. Why give them Camaros? As I said, all of them will probably end up getting tickets and getting in accidents anyways, and that likelihood goes up astronomically with a fast car. And unfortunately, some of them will likely kill themselves or someone else. No matter how much you love cars, it isn"t worth it." I completely understand what this person is saying, even though the topic is slightly different. If the sixteen year olds aren't very mature when it comes to driving, so a fourteen year old would technically be even worse. I have seen how 14 year olds are often not paying attention in class. this means that your special classes wouldn't work very well. And don't say that This is stereotyped to boys only, because girls can be like this too. They might be looking at their phone or even texting while on the road, and this is a recipe for disaster. I just want you to realize that it will only cause more roadside deaths, and we certainly don't want people to die do we? I am done for this round, I could (and would) go on, but I feel you didn't type very much for your first argument, so I wish you luck on debating this and trying to counteract my claims and corroborations.
learning4geeks

Pro

learning4geeks forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Well, since you forfeited, there isn't much I can really talk about. You haven't even given an argument, so I will give some statistics for the voters to see. (citations will be at the bottom.)

1."5,864 teen drivers ages 15-20 were involved in fatal car accident. Young drivers between 15- and 20-years-old accounted for 6.4% (13.2 million) of total drivers on the road. An average of nine teens ages 16-19 were killed every day from motor vehicle injuries.

2."So a proportionally tiny amount of bad behavior is one of the major causes of death and injury on our roadways.
Every 53 minutes on average, someone is killed in a drunk driving crash (9,878 people in total in 2011). Every two minutes, someone is injured because of this entirely preventable crime. You can learn more about drunk driving in your state."
-Teens who drink alcohol are insanely more likely to die in a car crash.

I hope my opponent doesn't continue to forfeit, any more rounds, because I have run out of things to type!

Citations:
1.https://www.edgarsnyder.com...
2.http://www.madd.org...
learning4geeks

Pro

learning4geeks forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

AGAIN! Okay, my opponent is clearly not accessing their computer, or just doesn't want to debate. I have nothing more to say, so please vote con because they basically have forfeited the entire debate.
learning4geeks

Pro

learning4geeks forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Uhg! Vote for con.
learning4geeks

Pro

learning4geeks forfeited this round.
Themeaman909

Con

Vote for con
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
I will soon be posting a debate on the increase of the driving age to 18 in America, so look out for it if you are interested!
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
learning4geeksThemeaman909Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture