AlyKupstas
bergeneric63

Should we be sending troops to the middle east?

Started: 11/20/2012 Category: Economics

AlyKupstas

Con

We should not be sending troops to the middle east because it will cause a lot of controversy within the communities of the troops themselves; what will their families think? they'll think 'My brother/son/grandson/ is going to die!" and they'll be worried.
bergeneric63

Pro

First off I would like to thank those serving in the military for their total and utter willingness to serve and their bravery. Now this said I would like to say that Ally, many of the troops that go off to war are indeed these brave people they know what they are getting onto and they know that they have a chance of dying. My initial argument is that the United States knows that they have a chance of dying and that being in the army does cause for having deaths happen.
On September 11, 2001 We had millions die. This being one of Americas biggest attacks since December 7, 1941 and one of the biggest, and the biggest terrorist attack ever. If you did not know Ally we where over in Iraq and we where desperately trying to clean up the middle east. When these radical Muslims attacked we saw that and even where fore-warned about it before hand that they would attack us. I say that if we would have taken action in the issue we would never have had been attacked. Instead if we would have reacted to this threat immediantly then we would have not had this major crisis on our hand. If we where to have taken our troops back then the Muslims would have taken over and these terrorists would have created a hell raised place. They would have fought their way to the top and possibly created a dictatorship. They have also created in such a cultured place, a thing we call the mislim brotherhood. Now the Muslim brotherhood has been established and is now growing over the years. They hate America and this is why we need to control such a group. If we are not able to fight such a force and bring war to their own country's then why would it stop them from killing our own people.
I also argue my point of we should send troops oversees because we have and are a world super power and we need to go after such criminals if we have the power to. For example when we killed Osama Bin Laden over 1,000 world bombings dropped just that year and from there it has only continued to drop. How are we to let such people get away with it. This was because we had the power when we found him to go over to Pakistan with our own troops and take this man out.
Is it not mutiny to leave the innocent exposed when we could do something about it? This being us chasing down the enemy and destroying them. Yes we do sacrifice troops but these troops know the risk and are willing to take it plus they are well trained. In any country troops will die no matter what. They are meant to but if we can train them then we can prevent the deaths of such soldiers.
AlyKupstas

Con

AlyKupstas forfeited this round.
bergeneric63

Pro

bergeneric63 forfeited this round.
AlyKupstas

Con

AlyKupstas forfeited this round.
bergeneric63

Pro

I missed my last argument and I see that you have forfeited. I take this to my advantage and would like you the people to look at the women and children of society. Now seeing that you have forfeited I will make this short and put a moral twist on it. Millions of women live over in the middle east. Many go about there business but they can't leave their houses many of times and many if they do are beaten and/or have to live up to the religious standard. Many Muslim radicals do not allow the women the freedom they need and deserve. They are nearly there to be a tool for the man and to simply reproduce. Beside this if a women does even the slightest thing wrong or maybe takes off their head scarf and is seen then they will be killed in some cases. The radical Muslims are crazed and do not allow their women the chance to live. The chance to be free. I have a friend that actually immigrated from Iraq because for one the religious standards and lack of freedom where killing their family and values. Indeed they are Muslims but they also do not believe in the things the radical Muslim's do. Now to keep this short I ask you and sure you may not answer but I ask the audience is it moral from any perspective to allow many women to live in seclusion and be killed if they do anything wrong. To be put under the watch of man and to be allowed no social freedoms at all. The radicals and terrorists want this to continue and I say we should not. The women and children are strained and therefore they are living terribly will you really allow this to continue?

1. http://www.policymic.com...
2. http://bulletinoftheoppressionofwomen.com...