Sarah_mir
dario12091

Should we be sympathetic to drug addicts or not?

Sarah_mir

Sarah_mir

Pro

I believe we should because most of them have their own woe tales and only some of them have become addicted for recreation.They should get emotional support from their family members,relatives and friends.They should be motivated not to sit in a bad company who give them suggestions of taking drugs to overcome their problems.If someone is addicted,he should be persuaded to leave the drugs although it is a very difficult task but one can take help from drug de-addiction centres and organisations.In short,I simply agree that one should not be harsh to the drug addicts and be sympathetic to them.
dario12091

Con

Here is my arguments why we should not sympathize to drug addicts.

Its the year 2016, the effects of being addicted drugs to a person is well documented.
this is a fact, drugs and drug addicts have brought/ is bringing/ will bring problems to our
society and community, if you got addicted to any kinds of drugs in the 1970's or 1980's
when the negative effects of drugs is just starting to show and studies about it is in its initial
stage then I might show you some sympathy. But its 2016 already, being addicted to drugs
nowadays is completely the fault of the user, you know its bad for you, you know it will
bring problems not only to you but to also to your family, friends and community but still
you chose to be a drug addict. Being a drug addict these days is like you knowing that the
food is poisoned but still you chose to eat it. I have zero sympathy to a person who intentionally
wants to destroy his life and be a heavy anvil that drags our society down to the gutter.
Sarah_mir

Pro

Sorry to say this,but I do not agree with you.It is not only the fault of the users but also of those people because of whom the people become addicts.When betrayed,they become emotionally disturbed and that becomes the main cause for the addiction.
dario12091

Con

"I am the master of my fate,. I am the captain of my soul"
-William Ernest Henley-

Then It's the users fault by hanging out with the wrong kinds of people, what you are saying is just lame excuses that is not good enough to justify why would a person let himself be addicted to prohibited drugs. Okay you are influenced to use prohibited drugs, smoke some weed and take in ecstasy, but you in the end you chose to do that, you chose to be stirred by people you know that is not looking for your well being.

I say give this drug addicts some military kind of discipline in their rehabilitation make them feel that life is hard, make them feel that what they did is wrong and make them accept that its their own fault why their life is in ruins. they don't deserve sympathy they need to face the consequences of their actions
Sarah_mir

Pro

For your first complaint against the addicts,I say that you still are wrong.It is not a lame excuse but a real cause for this addiction.A human being gets emotionally attacked by another human being that can cause many other psychological disturbances including depression,schizophrenia and even skin hunger that has become very common in America.So it is very important for a person to get love and attention from the one he loves and if he is betrayed,he is completely broken.He finds nothing to support himself and he feels that can live on drugs now and nothing else.He wants to leave it but the brain gives him a hint that he cannot live without the drugs and he continues to have it.
And for your wish that is to make the addicts suffer in rehabs,then you are again wrong to have that kind of mind set.A human being learns with love and not torture.That is why the counselors have a human heart filled with love,sympathy and cae for the future if the addicts,unlike you.
dario12091

Con

dario12091 forfeited this round.
Sarah_mir

Pro

Sarah_mir forfeited this round.
dario12091

Con

dario12091 forfeited this round.
Sarah_mir

Pro

I think you do not have any answer to my reply so you just lost this debate...Sorry mate...!
dario12091

Con

dario12091 forfeited this round.
Posted by Sarah_mir 1 year ago
Sarah_mir
#Brandon221423 Then you cn challenge me this debate.
Posted by Brandon221423 1 year ago
Brandon221423
I would love to debate this.
Posted by Sarah_mir 1 year ago
Sarah_mir
#Dumy15 If you say "No" den vote fr it n gv me da xplainashn for dis 'no'
Posted by Sarah_mir 1 year ago
Sarah_mir
'KayySlayssX13'You jus vote and gv me da rzn dah vt r da rznz u say 'no'
Posted by KayySlayssX13 1 year ago
KayySlayssX13
Honestly I agree with you strongly but I still have some things in my mind telling me no. Although the pros way out the cons
Posted by Dumy15 1 year ago
Dumy15
no
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 5 months ago
dsjpk5
Sarah_mirdario12091Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff more times, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by Wylted 8 months ago
Wylted
Sarah_mirdario12091Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Less forfeits