Evlore1999
OverratedSteak

Should we believe in God or should we not

OverratedSteak

Evlore1999

Pro

I will take anyone on with this challenge. 🙏You can't win, so if you except this you already lost. 👎For those who do except this challenge I will be for the the fact that we should believe in God. 💞And you can try to argue with me why we shouldn't believe in God.😈👿😡 Good luckc96;A039;
OverratedSteak

Con

Nice topic! Should be interesting.
Best of luck to you, old chap.
Evlore1999

Pro

I am saying we should believe in God. If you were going to make up a story about a savoir, how would you tell it? I mean if you were going to think of a story about the God of the universe coming to save the world, Would you have thought of a baby in a manger or Lion? No human mind thinks of a story like that. Humans wouldn't say that the God who is going to save the world is a baby born of a virgin. As humans we would have said that he would come like a lion instead of a baby. I mean do you really think that you would've thought of a baby born of a virgin, grew up, his friends were taxes collectors, and fisher men. We would've never told the story that way and that's why we should believe in God.
OverratedSteak

Con

If God really made the perfect world, why are there so many flaws in his "perfect" creation? Why are there so many points against him? Why should we even follow him if he makes so many mistakes?

1. The Facts

Christians believe that God created everything in a week, that Earth is no more than 6,000 years old, etc. However, they seem to have ignored simple signs that show that what I just said is not true. For example,

a. Evolution
Not only was evolution theorized by a Christian, but has many points against the affirmative side. If God wanted everything to last forever, why are some species extinct? Also, why are our genetics so closely related to those of an ape's? The entire Christian community thought that he made the apes and humans in a few days, although all the evidence clearly states that evolution occurred over thousands and thousands of years. Clearly there is a flaw in his perfect creation, which leads to my next point.

b. The Big Bang Theory (no, not the TV show)
The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the early development of the universe.The key idea is that the universe is expanding. Consequently, the universe was denser and hotter in the past. Moreover, the Big Bang model suggests that at some moment all of space was contained in a single point, which is considered the beginning of the universe. Modern measurements place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe. After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, including protons, neutrons, and electrons. Though simple atomic nuclei formed within the first three minutes after the Big Bang, thousands of years passed before the first electrically neutral atoms formed. The majority of atoms produced by the Big Bang were hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies, and the heavier elements were synthesized either within stars or during supernovae. Plus, it was theorized by a Christian Priest and Pope Francis said that evolution and the Big Bang theory are completely possible.

c. Jesus
In the Holy Bible, Jesus is depicted as a supernatural being. If this is true, then why haven't we had any supernatural beings show up? How come Jesus hasn't shown up? If he really has the power to walk on water and do all this crazy stuff, then why are there still fatal diseases when Jesus could have just cured them?

Those are just some of the hundreds of points against my opponent, so I'll stop here and save some for later.

2. What religion really is

Religion was used by Emperors, Kings, and any type of ruler used religion asa way for people to worship him. For example, The Ancient Mayan Kings built the pyramid at Chichen Itza at a certain angle so that at the Equinox, the King would stand at the top of the pyramid in a room and shadows were cast upon the pyramid, causing the impression that whoever was standing at the top of the pyramid could summon the Sun God, Kukulkan. The Kings didn't even believe in the religion. They just used it as a way to gain power. Christianity is no different. Roman Emperors used to use Christanity to gain power. It was all a sham.

3. The Idea of Heaven

Face it. At least half of the Christian community has devoted their entire lives to Christianity, gone to church hundreds of times, read the Bible over and over, just so they get to live in some happy paradise and not work their butts off in Hell for the rest of eternity. The idea is that once you die, your soul goes up to heaven or down to hell, depending on whether you've been naughty or nice and whether you've believed in Christianity in your lifetime. But do we even have souls? They say with out souls you would have no emotions and basically be a lifeless zombie. But we don't need souls for emotions. The hypothalamus is a part of the limbic system, which is a group of forebrain structures that has the hypothalamus, the amygdala, and the hippocampus. These are involved in motivation, emotion, learning, and memory. That causes emotions, not souls. If we don't have souls than we can't go to Heaven/Hell, thus proving my point

Before you read the next argument, (assuming that he hasn't forfeited) note that his only references are a Bible, written over three thousand years ago.
Evlore1999

Pro

Evlore1999 forfeited this round.
OverratedSteak

Con

All right then! I guess that's the end of the debate! Many thanks to my opponent for a challenging debate. Also thanks to everyone who took the time to read this debate and hopefully they will vote wisely. Peace out.
Posted by jujubean 2 years ago
jujubean
And what do you think I'm doing now? I'm proving my claims.
Posted by jujubean 2 years ago
jujubean
I'm done with u. But we'll see who's laughing when you go to hell. And I told u that u were afraid of God. U fear his wrath.
Posted by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
We are on a debate website, you have plenty of chances to prove your claims.
Posted by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
Did I miss anything?
Posted by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
Let's see, you jump to false conclusions. Your evidence is not admissible, because you are coming from a presuppositionalist position. And you are making empty threats about some mythical place some ignorant monster thought up thousands of years ago as a means of control.
Posted by jujubean 2 years ago
jujubean
How am I an idiot? Plz explain.
Posted by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
Your an idiot!
Posted by jujubean 2 years ago
jujubean
It's called the bible. Read it. It won't hurt u any. After all, to u atheists, it's just a book. So why do u fear reading it?
Posted by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
Jujubean, prove your claims!
Posted by jujubean 2 years ago
jujubean
Fine. Think whatever. But when you go to hell, and you learn the truth, we'll see who's laughing.
Vote Placed by IvenMartin 2 years ago
IvenMartin
Evlore1999OverratedSteakTied
Reasons for voting decision: I personally could care less about grammar. Although I do agree with the con I would have liked to have seen more sources. Arguments were assertions, some of which I know are founded, some of which I am unsure. Pro was unresponsive.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Evlore1999OverratedSteakTied
Reasons for voting decision: Some really horrible arguments on both sides, but Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.