ErickCBass
hunkarov

Should we believe in God?

ErickCBass

Con

Since there's no evidence for God, we shouldn't believe in him.
hunkarov

Pro

It is irrelevant to ask if we should or should not believe any king of deity. Religion is something strictly personal and based entirely on faith.
ErickCBass

Con

I agree that it's based purely on faith. But in that faith there has to be either a positive or a negative. Either God does or does not exist. So when someone has faith they may or may not be wrong. 1. As a fellow human being, I would rather that you believe something that is true. Even if it strictly personal, do you believe that it is something that people should challenge and really think about on their own? 2. If people should challenge it then they have to weigh all the different arguments and such.
hunkarov

Pro

I am assuming you are making the case that people with religious faith do not have any scientifically evidence to support their claims for their particularly deity. And that is valid argument. Faith cannot be backed up with science and likely never will be.
Still being a former Christian, I do have to disagree with you that someone should just accept that their god does not exist because they cannot prove it.

In general I dislike actively challenging people on their religion. It should really only be done when religion creeps into politics.

So no, I do not think we should challenge people on their religion. As I've stated before, religion is personal "or at least should be".
ErickCBass

Con

When I say "challenge" I am really asking if you believe that people should challenge themselves and make an effort to find out the truth on their own accord? This is my 1st and only point for this response.
hunkarov

Pro

hunkarov forfeited this round.
ErickCBass

Con

My opponent's argument is that "Religion is something strictly personal and based entirely on faith" and so therefore it shouldn't even be challenged. My opponent is completely missing the question in the first place which asks "Should We Believe in God?" and not "Should We Challenge the Religious Beliefs of Others?".

My opponent also states that he disagrees "with [me] that someone should just accept that their god does not exist because they cannot prove it" but continues to provide no evidence for this claim.

His last two statements of his response in Round 2 are purely emotional and so cannot be taken as proof or evidence of any of his claims.

hunkarov

Pro

hunkarov forfeited this round.
ErickCBass

Con

ErickCBass forfeited this round.
hunkarov

Pro

hunkarov forfeited this round.