Bryson3327
AmericanGirlDoll

Should we boycott Pyeongchang olympics by Koreans eating dogs??

Bryson3327

Con

I think we dont have to boycott Pyeongchang olympics by Koreans eating dogs. Actually dog meat is their own culture.
AmericanGirlDoll

Pro

We should boycott the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics by Koreans eating dogs. Dogs are slaughtered, killed, and become food in Asian countries like Korea. There are some health concerns about eating dog. If you eat a dog, you are at risk of developing rabies, salmonella and cholera. Also, the Asians do not inspect their dog. Overall, eating dog does not help anyone, and it is wrong.
Bryson3327

Con

What if the slaughtering process gets humane and sanitary, and what is wrong about dog meat consumption? Of course eating abandoned dogs can cause diseases. But at the case of Korea, dogs are processed by electrocution in a hygienic place.
I think inspection for edible dogs should be proceeded by law. And, why is eating dog meat wrong?
AmericanGirlDoll

Pro

I believe that even though the slaughter process might be humane and sanitary, killing animals for silly things such as food should not be allowed and the dog meat trade should be banned forever. The dogs are stolen from their owners, tortured and burned just to eat. I'm pretty sure most Koreans forgot that they ate one dog. Dog theft is actually a very big problem. In 2013 alone, the media reported over 40 dog theft-related injury and death cases. By supporting the 2018 Olympics, we would be supporting dog meat culture.
Bryson3327

Con

I do not agree with your opinion. Then, eating beef or pork is a silly thing according to your logic. And Korean government will take effort to reduce the dog meat consumption. And you mean, if France holds the Olympics again, will you boycott it by foiegras? I think this is just a way to justify racism. And I am saying again that dog theft is bad. Well, now, Korean government should ban torturing before slaughtering dogs. Actually, it can be a great pain for dogs to be tortured Is eating dog itself bad?
AmericanGirlDoll

Pro

I agree that Korea should ban torturing dogs, because nobody deserves to be tortured. However, dog slaughter is the same thing as torture because if you are slaughtering a dog, you are torturing it as well. Even though the blowtorching factory of dogs has been shut down since December of 2016, thousands of restaurants and health food stores continue to sell dogs, mainly in soups and stews, or as a herb-infused tonic, according to International Aid for Korean Animals. If people want to go to the 2018 Olympics, they will have to research carefully what places don't serve dog and go. But until the Koreans ban torture and slaughter of dog, the 2018 Olympics should be boycotted.
Bryson3327

Con

When slaughtering a dog, torturing is not needed. And dog meat=torture this sentence is a bias as I think. Many dog meat shop in Korea do not use torturing. They use electrocution like other meat animals such as cows and pigs. If torturing disappears in dog meat slaughter, will you still boycott the olympics?
AmericanGirlDoll

Pro

The problem isn't the eating of dogs- it is the torture of them to be killed by electrocution that is. If the dogs are not tortured anymore, then I would happily watch the 2018 Olympics. If it is torture for the electric chair that humans are sometimes used, it must be torture for the dogs to be electrocuted and killed.
Bryson3327

Con

The interesting thing is electrocution is used in slaughtering animals in America too! What do you hate: Dog meat itself or Dog meat cruelty?
AmericanGirlDoll

Pro

Wow! Electrocution is used in America, too? I never knew that. I don't hate dog meat itself, I just hate the cruelty behind it.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 8 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Why are you eating dogs? What does this have to do with boycotting the Olympics? I don't know if dogs are pets in Asia, so I don't think dog thefts are relevant. You guys will definitely improve, though!
Posted by AmericanGirlDoll 9 months ago
AmericanGirlDoll
Good Game!
Posted by Bryson3327 9 months ago
Bryson3327
Good Game!