Shrektacular
Scorchtheblaze

Should we bring school hours to later start and later get off time

Shrektacular

Con

My school starts at 8:00 and gets off at 3:35 should we change it to 9:00 to 4:35 or something else and should this be implemented elsewhere?
Scorchtheblaze

Pro

I will accept this debate as Pro for I go to an early college program which allows our school to start at 9:30 in the morning and end at 4:00 in afternoon.

I would also like to point out the fact that you have accepted this debate as con and you are arguing for con therefore you will have to switch the side that you are arguing for.

Good luck Con
Shrektacular

Con

Shrektacular forfeited this round.
Scorchtheblaze

Pro

Con has forfeited this round of the debate.
Shrektacular

Con

Shrektacular forfeited this round.
Scorchtheblaze

Pro

Forfeiture
Posted by asunnykay 1 year ago
asunnykay
Eyyyyy! Just thought I'd let you guys know that some schools offer different options for this. For instance my school has "Zero Hour" and a "Regular Hour" schedules. "Zero Hour" starts at 7:15am and goes until 2:19pm. "Regular Hour" runs 8:55am-3:55pm. This is due to our large campus population so, of course, this model won't work for some schools. As a senior in high school I love the zero hour option surprisingly a lot more than regular start. Whenever you start later, you end later, which gives students less freedom to do what they want to do outside of school. Also, all the regular hour kids at my school complain all the time about sleep, being tired, falling asleep in class, etc but nobody who takes zero hour does that. We are all awake and ready to tackle the day with our best face. I have had a much better high school experience taking classes earlier then later. Overall, for us it's motivating to have our first class done before everyone else and have time to carpool to the mall after school. As far as grades go, I don't have that kind of information but I can tell you that my Zero Hour Economics class is my teacher's highest scoring class and she has both regular and zero hour classes. I would recommend more schools have multiple options for when students start their day, though it is only viable on large campuses. If I had to choose between a school that started earlier vs. later I would choose the former every time.
Posted by piefav 1 year ago
piefav
9-4:30 is my school's time lol...
Posted by TheShadeM 1 year ago
TheShadeM
So are you agreeing or disagreeing that school should start later?