tennis47
Smartiez

Should we eat meat?

Smartiez

tennis47

Con

I'm not a vegetarian, but I want to be! It's not easy.

Anyways, this round is for acceptance ;)
Smartiez

Pro

I am for eating meat. Before I begin my argument, please note that I may have religious views on this topic.

Many people believe killing animals for pleasure is a terrible thought and that it is cruel and heartless. But that is not always the case. If you are against things like this, volunteer at an animal shelter or pay for protection for the commercials but becoming vegetarian can turn into a regret. In my opinion, a life without meat is unthinkable in many ways. Becoming a vegetarian is expensive, damaging to your health, and possibly useless.

It can be expensive especially if you live with a family that isn't vegetarian also. Having your mother go to the store to get your herbivore needs instead of what your family is having is costly. Buying all of the extra foods to get the necessary protein gets expensive. I wouldn't recommend it unless you live alone or are wealthy. Even then not with a full heart.

Too much or too little of something can be bad for you. When you're vegetarian, you eat a lot of veggies and beans and no meat. Meat helps build muscle and barely poses a threat to health besides the fatty ones like bacon or sausage. In foods such as fish a fatty acid, docosahexaenoic acid, is found. This acid has a special quality that humans need but can't make it themselves, and it isn't found in any other food products. Eating no fish can also put you at a greater risk of heart disease. It provides tons of high-quality proteins such as vitamin B12 and amino acids. No vegetable has these qualities!

And my final argument: It's useless. Killing animals to live may be a monstrosity in some eyes but that it is not. In my views, God put the animals on Earth to help us, to feed us. We also give them a purpose in life. Yes, that may sound unreasonable. But we do! Instead of moping around all day or chasing each other we give them reason to be here.
tennis47

Con

I said that the first round was for acceptance. Anyways..................

Rebuttals for Pro's argument:
-"Becoming a vegetarian is expensive, damaging to your health, and possibly useless."
"It can be expensive especially if you live with a family that isn't vegetarian also. Having your mother go to the store to get your herbivore needs instead of what your family is having is costly. Buying all of the extra foods to get the necessary protein gets expensive."-

Actually, no, have you ever BEEN to Costco? Then have a whole lot of really cheap beans and salads.
**********************
-"Meat helps build muscle and barely poses a threat to health besides the fatty ones like bacon or sausage."-

You can build muscle by working out in the gym. And you say that meat barely poses a threat to health? What about greasy chicken wings and fatty pork, beef, and steak?
**********************
-"In foods such as fish a fatty acid, docosahexaenoic acid, is found. This acid has a special quality that humans need but can't make it themselves, and it isn't found in any other food products. Eating no fish can also put you at a greater risk of heart disease. It provides tons of high-quality proteins such as vitamin B12 and amino acids. No vegetable has these qualities!"-

Fish isn't meat. Jesus ate fish.
*********************

My argument: Who wants to live with the knowledge that by eating something you love, you're taking an animal's life away from it? How is that fair for the innocent animals, who have done nothing to deserve this? They should be free to live naturally!

Try to top that, sucker! ;)
Smartiez

Pro

I realized that as soon as I posted it..

Yes, I have. Plenty of times actually. And they do have a lot of cheap foods. But to buy the amount of those foods to be equal to the vitamins and minerals that meat has can cost more than buying a slab of chicken..

Fish isn't meat. Jesus ate fish. **** My argument: Who wants to live with the knowledge that by eating something you love, you're taking an animal's life away from it? How is that fair for the innocent animals, who have done nothing to deserve this? They should be free to live naturally!

Just because Jesus ate fish doesn't mean it wasn't meat. Fish have lives too. Just because they live in the ocean doesn't mean they shouldn't count.

In Mathew 15:17-20 Jesus states that it's what comes out of a man's mouth that makes them unclean, not what goes in. So it doesn't matter whether you eat meat and/or vegetables, all of it is fine and God has no specific laws regarding it. Mark 7:18-23 repeats the same message. Then there is Paul. He also expounds upon eating meat and vegetables in Romans 14, and he sums it up in Romans 14:14 that all food is acceptable to eat.

I do not eat meat because I love it, I eat it because I need it. And yes, they are innocent. But I honestly would rather die from a great cause like donating all my money to the poor than die with no purpose.

You can build muscle by working out in the gym.

Yes you can. But again, gyms cost money. And meat develops a better muscle, a muscle that isn't just from strength. And did you not read what I said. I recall saying... Meat helps build muscle and barely poses a threat to health besides the fatty ones like bacon or sausage.
You respond with
And you say that meat barely poses a threat to health? What about greasy chicken wings and fatty pork, beef, and steak?

There is a besides in my sentence. And beef, pork, and steak aren't that big of a health problem as long as you don't over indulge.

Topped.

tennis47

Con

I'm not even going to try to top your arguments. If you want to live with the knowledge that you're a serial killer of animals, go ahead.

You wanna be a good guy? Become a vegetarian.

You wanna live with the knowledge that you're a murderer of innocent things? Eat meat.

It's your choice, dude.
Smartiez

Pro

I never said I am for killing animals, which I do find cruel, but I just don't think stop eating them will solve the problem. I tried to become a vegetarian and I am all for it but it is hard. I did not kill them. The butcher did. I only ate what my mom served me.
tennis47

Con

If you eat animals, you're guilty! I extend my arguments, and "angry rant" ;)
Smartiez

Pro

Why did you even post this debate if you were going to hate on me for having an opinion, which we are all entitled to?
tennis47

Con

I didn't say I was mad that you had an opinion. I'm not mad at all. I'm just trying to show you my point of view.

Vote Con!
Smartiez

Pro

Vote me please!! I'll love you anyways!
Posted by M4sterDeb8er 4 years ago
M4sterDeb8er
Reading this was painful. The facts were just not there, and nobody made a rational argument. :(
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
tennis47SmartiezTied
Reasons for voting decision: Some of the worst arguments for being a vegetarian ive ever seen.... Arguments easily go to pro, as does conduct since con basically forfeited the debate.
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
tennis47SmartiezTied
Reasons for voting decision: Namecalling instead of proper arguments? Bad form. Loss of conduct point to Con. Arguments to Pro.