LIFEISNEVEREASY
MakeDebatingGreatAgain

Should we encourage moral relativism?

LIFEISNEVEREASY has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

LIFEISNEVEREASY

Con

Rules for this debate:
1. Both pro and con must use polite language.
2. Both pro and con must use evidence and logic to support their arguments.
3. The focus of this debate shall be and ONLY BE about whether we should encourage moral relativism.
4. Whether there is objective truth in ethics is a different question than this one.
5. Whether there is a right to believe in moral relativism is a different question than this one.
6. The first round is for opening statements; the second, third rounds are for arguments; the last round is for closing statements.

Opening Statement:
Acknowledge that moral relativism exists, one should not encourage it because though it encourages tolerance, it leads to ignorance(both towards people and morals in general).

Challenge me.
MakeDebatingGreatAgain

Pro

I hear by accepts this challenge. My opening statement shall be:

Moral relativism exists, and one should encourage it as it is the only form of morality that is agreeable on (agreeing to disagree is still agreeing), and it develops valuable individual perspectives instead of an untrue objective perspective.

I look forward to this debate.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
If relativism must exist.. There can be no we. But that does not realy exist anyway.
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 1 year ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
Ive seen this guys debates, and hes a phony. he used an alternate to gain voter status and raise his elo ranking. I'm going to debate this faker and show him what a real debater is like.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
I personally believe in moral relativism and think it should be encouraged, I just don't see how it can be argued for or against.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
This is literally all down to opinion. What relevant facts could one even bring to this debate?