noth99
radicaalllll

Should we fear death?

noth99

Pro

I say we should fear death, if you are a christian and believe and god you have to acknowledge that leaving this earth to go to heaven is scary. Even more if you are an atheist and believe that we just become dust. I am scared of both really.
radicaalllll

Con

I don't favor in fear of death. There isn't any proof that there is a heaven, or a hell. No one knows where you go when you die. Just live your life to the fullest, and be happy that one day you get to leave this disgusting, vile, violent, sexist, racist, evil world.
noth99

Pro

noth99 forfeited this round.
radicaalllll

Con

You have forfeited, therefore I will continue to not put up my arguement.
noth99

Pro

noth99 forfeited this round.
noth99

Pro

noth99 forfeited this round.
radicaalllll

Con

radicaalllll forfeited this round.
noth99

Pro

noth99 forfeited this round.
radicaalllll

Con

radicaalllll forfeited this round.
Posted by FergusM 2 years ago
FergusM
"Or will God have to put you in fire of hell"

Yet again your comment is full of insults and threats. I'm going to report it as hate speech. However, consider this: Do you really think threatening people to make them "love" you is acceptable? Because that's what you say your god is doing. According to you I have two choices - love Yahweh or go to hell. In moral terms that's exactly equivalent to "Hey bitch, drop your pants or I'll cut you." It's despicable. Now go away and take your loathsome, bullying religion with you.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
We are in the first death now. Death penalty corrupts our bodies and we need to be saved. This is phase one of death which our bodies are in. Phase two is eternal death in fire of hell, phase one is temporary, seventy two or so years on average. We need to fear God, not death. If we fear neither, we are fools.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Fergus, you are already hurting and the hurt is progressing all the way to eternal death if you keep on accusing God of not loving you. You think after He came doen from heaven and took your death to pay for your bad attitude and bad acts against Him, He will not have you thrown away from Him when you finalize your death insisting He did nothing for you to show His love for you? God is angry with the wicked every day. He does not want you to perish in fire of hell. He made a way for you to be saved. Jesus is the way. If you reject Him as your Saviour, he will reject you as His garbage. For crying out loud, will you please stop accusing Him of being unjust? Or will God have to put you in fire of hell where those who accepted God's offer of pardon and forgiveness won't have to hear it anymore?
Posted by FergusM 2 years ago
FergusM
"You are a child of hell and your father is the devil"

If I had to guess I'd say you find it difficult to make friends.

This is a debate site. Please stop your unpleasant ravings.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
if you could get better and or impove yourself, you wouldn't die, would you? The truth of the matter is you cannot get better, corruption is in you and pulling you down in death........and it stinks like filthy rags and God won't allow it in heaven. You need to be changed, not improved. You need to be a new creature and that can only happen by receiving Jesus Christ so when He comes into you by His Holy Spirit, you are born again and a child of God. You are a child of hell and your father is the devil as long as you keep talking like one trying to justify your own existence and embracing your own death.
Posted by FergusM 2 years ago
FergusM
By the way, LifeMeansGodIsGood, I find your constant threats of pain and suffering unpleasant and obnoxious. If you want me to respect you - frankly, if you want me to stop thinking you're an utter dick - I'd suggest you cut down on the aggression.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
All who hate God, love death. All should fear God who has the right to cast into the fire of hell all of His creatures who will not give Him the honor He is due for creatiing them. You can be a proud, brave, fool if you want to and not fear God and say you do not fear death. The truth is that when you are saying that, you are hating God and loving death and death will be finalzed speedily if you insist on having it that way. Death is not an esccape from your problems, you will have to pay for your sins if you reject God's payment which He made as Jesus Chrsit who took your death and rose from the grave so that all who receive Him by faith will be pardoned, justified in God's sight, forgiven, bought and paid for by the blood of Christ to be held forever in the joys of heaven which are good beyond imagination.
Posted by FergusM 2 years ago
FergusM
"He loves you..:"

...but unless I do what he says he's going to hurt me for a long, long time.

Hmm.

We have a word for people who act like this, but it's not "god". It's "rapist". You worship an abusive monster. Luckily it doesn't really exist.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Cool guy, when you are in hell (if you finalize your death saying you would rather go there than to heaven) you will be haunted by your words as you are burning there. You won't think or feel like a cool guy there. You really think you are smart talking like that? I think you are talking like a fool, and I hope you don't force God to prove He has the right to have you cast away from Him like garbage into the fire of hell separated from His heaven forever.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Ferg, the evidence you insist is not there is there, God is there, and if you finalize your death telling yourself that He does not have the right to judge you, you will get the proof of hell fire in a terribly painful way. Asking for proof of the fire of hell is not wise. The proof will come, the proof is there now. It is better to believe it now and now insist that God force the proof upon you. He offers you pardon from the guilt of your sin which holds you in death if you will only believe in your heart that God has raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and confess with your mouth that He is Lord. He is God who came down from heaven as the Son of God to take your death so you would not have to pay with eternal separation from God caused by your sin in pride against God. Don't finalize your death as a proud brave fool saying "I need proof that hell fire is real". You can be saved if you will only believe God and invite Jesus into your heart as He is, the Lord of and over creation and creatures and the only Saviour. He is God. He made you in the loins of Adam. He wants all to be saved from the fire of hell, but most will finalize their death the way you seem to be insisting that you will finalize yours. I hope you change your mind and come into agreement with God. He loves you and does not want you to be lost forever.