Bibbinsii
Pazza

Should we fund the research for a biological male to have a uterus?

Bibbinsii

Con

Oh boy, this is a doozy. I am not against female to males or anything, but I think this research is extremely heartless, and that the uterus should be left to infertile mothers, and those who can properly sustain one, because they have less of a chance at getting injured. Scientists have been expirementing with giving infertile women a uterus transplant, so they can finally carry their babies. Keep in mind, a vast majority of those who get the transplant already struggle heavily with accepting the transferred uterus. Now, scientists say that in five years or so, they can find a way to implant a uterus into a male, though they would have to give them an extensive amount of hormones to mirror that of a regular pregnancy. I say this research is heartless, because of the countless amount of babies that will have to be killed in order to get this process to work. Millions of dollars will have to be put into this too, in order for them to get anywhere. I feel that, not only is this procedure be dangerous, costly, and will kill off a lot of innoncent babies all for a test, it completely destroys one of the purposes for a female body. We as humans, I feel, will become indistinguishable as time goes on, if we allow medicine or science like this to attempt things like this. Please know that I am not saying women are just useful for breeding or anything (I'm a lady myself), but I just think that is truly a trait that should be kept to women, specifically infertile mothers who truly desire a child. The world is becoming confusing enough already, regarding as to why people do the things they do. If this is allowed, children will no longer be taught that they come from out of their mothers, but also from their fathers.
Pazza

Pro

I'm completely against it being introduced on a large scale, it could never, ever be allowed to become a regularity - but I am interested in its experimentation to a willing volunteer for the sake of science.
Bibbinsii

Con

While I agree that some things that have in fact been conducted for the sake of "science" turned out to be good, this is just not one that I feel is necessary in any means whatsoever. The entire earth is already dominated by females (as in there are more of them more so than males) so, giving a male a female's reproductive part has no real benefit, and to do such a thing just in the name of science is not good enough. To give a male a uterus is seemingly meaningless, and a waste of time. Imagine all of the unborn babies, money, and other resources that will have to be wasted just for this event in the name of science... To have someone else die at the expense of a science that is already dangerous for those who already qualify for the surgery, and still have a tendency to do poorly is not humane, because you already know what the negative outcomes could be and that is definately increased in those who do not even have the necessary tools/body parts to even sustain a baby. A man would have to be given a vast amount of hormones and readjustments to aid them in the pregnancy (such as resizing their pelvic-area to accommodate the growing child).
Pazza

Pro

Pazza forfeited this round.
Bibbinsii

Con

Bibbinsii forfeited this round.
Pazza

Pro

Pazza forfeited this round.