MONstermind
Logical-Master

Should we get rid of SCHOOL UNIFORM?

Con Tied Pro

MONstermind

Con

I'll let my opponent talk first. :]]
Logical-Master

Pro

From what I can tell, I am in favor of the resolution (in other words, saying yes). I think we should get rid of SCHOOL UNIFORM. Why should there only be one uniform dispersed around the entirety of the student body? It's simply unfair that one person should be required to wear a uniform in schools that uphold this policy. That opens up to this student being the minority, hence a greater likely of said student wearing said uniform in getting made fun of. And no one likes that.

Now School UniformS . . . well that sounds like a great idea. A whole school being required to adhere to a certain dress code rather than merely a single? Most certainly. The key point to this position is fairness; my position is more favorable than what is presumed to be my opponents.

But seriously, I'm not sure what my opponent is arguing, thus shall give him/her the opportunity to claim a stance in his/her next round. If she doesn't, I shall expound on my position via the above interpretation of the topic is indeed
MONstermind

Con

:]]
Before I say my arguement, here's just one question (Are you from America?)

Anyway,
From my point of view, I think that we SHOULDN'T get rid of our school uniform. Well, there are a lot of reasons why we should keep it. School uniforms are now a tradition in the present. It has been going on for years now,- so why break it?
Yeah, it may sometimes suck but it is what makes us who we are. We represent our school and we are easily identified. It also makes us feel equal from each other, because if we are to top each other with our clothes that just makes us 'not equal' as students. In terms of our social life too. Others can't afford to buy good and fashionable clothes- and that may be the start of bullying or maybe the split of two groups: the popular and the non-popular ones.

Mentioning that, Schoos that have uniforms relieves the students from pressure to fit in. right?

And plus, "Why should there only be one uniform dispersed around the entirety of the student body?"-you said that at round 1. I just wanted to tell you that some schools doesnt have REALLY THE SAME uniform, some have different styles from their primary and secondary. Also, there are jumpers or shirts or whatever that makes some year level unique. See? there are ways that we can have fairness in our schools.

So. I say, Uniforms aren't just COOL but also makes us look professional. :]]

:)) Cool.
Logical-Master

Pro

Discount every thing I said in R1 since my opponent has revealed his stance.

RE: "School uniforms are now a tradition in the present. It has been going on for years now,- so why break it?"

Appeal to tradition: http://www.nizkor.org...

Just because something is well within tradition, it doesn't make it okay. For instance, slavery was traditional for thousands of years. Does that make Slavery okay? Women being regarded as second class citizens was also something which has been constituted as traditional. I could go on and on.

As for why to break it: It interferes with students' ability to choose and decide for themselves. Granted, there are some areas where students should not have control in (such not participating in any course which they signed up for), but coercing uniforms is not necessary.

RE: "We represent our school and we are easily identified."

Students can represent their schools by excelling academically, by being involved with school groups or participating in athletics or simply BUYING a school centric outfit. These are clearly the best ways for a student to WILLINGLY represent their school. Now if a student does not wish to represent his/her school or its policies, he/she shouldn't be required toe wear uniform which insinuates an opposing message. This is the issue of freedom we are discussing and there is nothing inherently wrong with NOT wearing a school uniform. Many schools don't require this policy and work just fine.

RE: "It also makes us feel equal from each other, because if we are to top each other with our clothes that just makes us 'not equal' as students."

One could very well say that about a lot of things. For instance, students can "top" one another academically, which would in turn make them "not equal" as students. By my opponent's reasoning, the solution to this is to simply give all students the same grades when it comes to academic performance. The question is: What precisely is wrong with students being allowed to top one another?

RE: "Others can't afford to buy good and fashionable clothes- and that may be the start of bullying or maybe the split of two groups: the popular and the non-popular ones."

We can go back to our above example with this: Some students do not have the time or the mental prowess needed to perform as well as their fellow peers academically. Heck, not everyone has the same athletic capabilities (which could help in sports) or social skills (which helps in making friends). Imbalance exists regardless of my opponent's system and there shall always be reasons for students to end up in different cliques or be persecuted by others. All of this is well within human nature.

RE: "Mentioning that, Schoos that have uniforms relieves the students from pressure to fit in. right?"

No. Peer pressure is going to exist regardless.

As for looking professional, dress codes can also do this. ;)
MONstermind

Con

MONstermind forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Pro

How boring. Vote PRO!
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
7 points to Pro, no RFD necessary.
Posted by ReganFan 7 years ago
ReganFan
"Others can't afford to buy good and fashionable clothes- and that may be the start of bullying or maybe the split of two groups: the popular and the non-popular ones."

As someone who attended a school with a required uniform, I can tell you a lot of students couldn't afford the uniforms and had to accept donations. I see American Eagle, Aeropastale, Hollister and Abercrombie and Fich clothes in clearance bins and liquidation stores regularly, those kids that have a low clothing budget need to do a better job of looking for the deals.
Posted by MONstermind 7 years ago
MONstermind
c'mon guys. vote. :]]
Okei, watevr you say L-M. ! :]]
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
LM, that was awesome.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Man, I really need to start spell checking more.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Don't feel like it. I'll give my opponent the benefit of the doubt though and allow him/her to pick a stance.
Posted by draxxt 7 years ago
draxxt
We here have decided that school uniforms or school uniformity is wrong. I'm not sure which but I would argue both given the chance.

And LWerd- Catholic schoolgirl uniform=WIN!!!!
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
It just now dawned on me to ponder on what I'm actually arguing here. In favor or against school uniforms? Hmm.
Posted by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
mmmmm catholic school uniforms.... :p
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by bigtree 7 years ago
bigtree
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Mixer 7 years ago
Mixer
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by B-ball_Grl78 7 years ago
B-ball_Grl78
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by GeorgeCarlinWorshipper 7 years ago
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
MONstermindLogical-MasterTied