Sam00
Evan_Of_Hearts

Should we have A day or B day at school?

Evan_Of_Hearts

Sam00

Pro

Yes we should have A/B day it more easier then having the same stuff or class every day is boring. We should have different type of subject not same subject.
Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

There are many disadvantages to both the students and the teachers having an alternating block schedule. Teachers often complain about less total class time (30 hrs. less) because 180 days of a traditional 55-minute period amount to 165 hours while 90 days of a 90-minute period total 135 hours. Therefore, there is less time to "cover" the book. There is a longer time needed to plan for classes. It is more difficult to place transfer students. They report that it is harder to make up absences, and there is problematic scheduling of AP courses since AP exams are given in the Spring. They have more classes to plan for over the course of one year (five in a traditional schedule vs. six in a block schedule). In an alternate day setting, teachers still have to teach 150 students every other day, and still have the same amount of paperwork to correct and have the same amount of administrative paperwork to handle every other day.
Those are just the problems for the teachers. Students can also be adversely affected by block to Students scheduling; they report having more extensive homework to complete daily in each discipline even though the number of homework assignments has dropped from six to four. They also find it harder to make up absences. In an alternate day setting, they still have to prepare for six classes every other day, and still have the same number of tests, quizzes, etc. They may become bored easily if the teaching methods are too teacher focused. Plus, some students have a more difficult time keeping up with the faster pace that is inherent to block scheduling.
There are also many issues concerning the scheduling and sequencing of a Foreign Language class. It is especially important when planning the schedule to ensure that courses are offered sequentially so that students have the option to continue the study of the language without long time lapses. It is equally important for students to realize that extended
interruptions will impact onto their level of language proficiency.
A/B Block Schedules often need wide availability of courses. Students pursuing more advanced levels of language study are frequently enrolled in advanced courses in other disciplines. For this reason, it is essential to guarantee that singleton
courses in the upper levels are scheduled in order to avoid potential conflict. In addition, students who delay their study of the foreign language until the last two semesters of their senior year, must have the courses available to meet their college requirements. The schedules also need to look at the ease of the development of language proficiency. Foreign language teachers have been the most vocal group in their opposition to block scheduling. They are greatly concerned about the possible impact of the block schedule onto the development of language proficiency. Foreign language educators believe that language development occurs during a long, uninterrupted sequence of language study.
I leave my opponent to effectively disprove my statements.
Sam00

Pro

Sam00 forfeited this round.
Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

My opponent has forfeited the second round, failing to provide rebuttal to my argument and therefore making the third round unnecessary . That is, unless Con posts two rounds in the one, allowing us to redo R2. It may be difficult and without the best of conduct, but it can be done. I leave Con their second chance to (possibly) make their arguments.
Sam00

Pro

Sam00 forfeited this round.
Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

Pro has failed to provide any proper argument as to why we should have an A/B school day, or any sort of reply in this debate. Please consider this.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
personal preference. I liked school. I appreciate self betterment. I hated the curriculum, but I didn't associate the flaws with the things that were not problems.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I disagree with the A day B day concept. it would likely create nostalgia.
Vote Placed by wipefeetnmat 1 year ago
wipefeetnmat
Sam00Evan_Of_HeartsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I give conduct points to Con since Pro forfeited. I would like to note that Con failed to cite any sources.