FactorAllstars
2-D

Should we have dropped the Atomic Bombs on Japan?

Started: 6/11/2013 Category: News

FactorAllstars

Pro

should we have used the atomic bomb on Japan?
2-D

Con

I don't know but I can restate your pro argument as, "We should have dropped the atomic bombs on Japan." Looks like this is as difficult to decide on as it was so many years ago but let's see what you have up your sleeve.

should
/SHoV1;od/
Verb
  1. Used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions: "he should have been careful".
  2. Indicating a desirable or expected state: "by now students should be able to read".

Here's to a good debate!

FactorAllstars

Pro

FactorAllstars forfeited this round.
2-D

Con

Ok then. FYI I was not trying to high road you and hold you to some technically correct, specific definition of the word "should." I was just pointing out that you were claiming that the bombing was the best option given the alternatives even in hindsight. My main ‘argument’ was only that I am not sure that it was the best option and the issue appears to be controversial likely for good reasons. This could have been an informative debate. Let me know if you want to start over.

FactorAllstars

Pro

FactorAllstars forfeited this round.
2-D

Con

My argument, "I'm not sure," stands. Great topic I would have been interested to hear your thoughts on the issue. I look forward to any topic that you are willing to defend.
Posted by Jakeross6 3 years ago
Jakeross6
I had a debate on the topic and tied.
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
wrap this up so I can vote.