kangaroo4
RyryMase

Should we have longer breaks in middle/high school

kangaroo4

kangaroo4

Pro

As a student of the upper the grades, I think there should be more time for a break maybe around 25 minutes. With that time, it allows you to have a better conversation with your friends. School is also about developing social relationships that many kids don't get even after school because of homework and other extra curricular activities. I have a lot of friends that don't text because they forget and allows a break that doesn't force you to hurry and eat lunch or be quiet and do your work. It is true free time that is taken from older kids just because we have more years and responsibility. Everyone needs a break no matter the age. I wouldn't mind extending school for 25 minutes would you?
RyryMase

Con

Schools do need more breaks, but not for the reasons argued. Getting frequent breaks improves cognitive function which improves learning and memory. Social activities are for outside of school.
kangaroo4

Pro

Yes but some people only have the time to talk at school whether its between classes or lunch. Their friends may not be near by and may be the only friends they have. A lot of people have to focus on other things after school like projects and music lessons and very often sports.
RyryMase

Con

There's really not a lot to debate, but I'll come up with something.... You're right that friends are important and you need time with them. I would argue that school should be shorter. Grade school was a huge waste of time to be honest.
Vote Placed by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
kangaroo4RyryMaseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded that schools need more breaks. Con was supposed to argue that schools do NOT need more breaks. Since I look at this objectively and I see no counter arguments for schools to not have longer breaks, I vote Pro.