11001
truewrit

Should we have more people trying to stop Slavery?

truewrit

11001

Pro

I think that we should have more people on the case for Slavery. Why? Because its a sick, messed up thing to do. Even if i DID have a slave (something that i hope to never have), I would treat them with respect and, near the age of early-elder, i would let them go back to their homes, or if they were pregnant, i would set them free. Sex Slaves are even worse. Its one thing to be born into slavery: a whole different thing of being taken from your home and forced to do ***** or ***** or have *** (I've edited it for younger people on this sight.) So, i would like to see someone think that we should just let all of that happen. (also, my last debate wasn't me. Some Hacker got on my thing. so, I apologize For any misleading information.)
truewrit

Con

Let me begin by clearly stating my position - Modern day Slavery is every bit as despicable as any other crime and needs be stamped out . You state that we should have more people trying to stop slavery - my argument is that we have a lot of "good guys" already involved in fighting things like trafficking and other crimes that drive slavery . More "people" won't solve the problem , what we need is more funding and co ordination across the existing anti slavery movement

And the one other thing we need is more aware ness - graphic awareness of what victims of modern day slavery endure mentally and suffer physically - that would make most folks ashamed of even imagining a scenario where they might have a slave of their own - regardless of the "treatment" you would hand out , the fact that you envision having a slave in this age is truly disturbing
11001

Pro

I thank you for accepting this challenge very formally. But What i mean with "more people", i mean that we should have a division of government forces working on things such as sexual assaults, sex slavery and others. If we did have said department, then it would make things easier for the police and would also make things better during crackdowns if said people are specialists at breaking slaves free and slave traders backs.

Although you are my formal opponent, i admire the fact of how straight for words you are. You made it difficult to type this! But that's because I'm much better at the cons front lines. Now i can only wait for you to move your chess piece.
truewrit

Con

I agree that we should have the government and the UN play a greater role . Its however worth pointing out that there are a lot of organizations out there that are already engaged in preventing slavery and human trafficking -http://en.wikipedia.org... - so there is no dearth of people involved but having governments more engaged would surely help ,

Modern day slavery is obviously not like slave trade of the past which was driven by colonization - now its human trafficking , folks forced to work cheap labor in sweat shops so we'll can wear designer shoes at discount rates , kids locked up in basements by nuts and freaks - its many different things so specializing in stopping slavery is specializing in preventing many different crimes . Again , most of all we need awareness . Heres a good place to start : http://www.lynchburg.edu...
11001

Pro

11001 forfeited this round.
truewrit

Con

truewrit forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Jonbonbon
I'm not going to accept this, I just want to say this: having the current number of task forces, police forces, FBI resources, and international agency resources along with non-profit organizations started by former police officers and FBI agents =/= just letting it happen.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site. Let me know if you need help with anything.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Slavery is awesome. If nobody accepts this than I will later on tonight.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
11001truewritTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side did much to support their position, but the bulk of the BOP, was on pro.