Svordun
godtraitor

Should we have school uniforms?

Svordun

Svordun

Pro

There are no rules as to how we will argue but round 1 will be acceptance.

DEFINITONS

School:
an institution where instruction is given and peope are educated,
especially to persons undercollege age

School Uniform:
special clothes worn by pupils at a particular school.
godtraitor

Con

I humbly accept your debate challenge.

Thank you for providing your definitions up front. May I tweak the "School Uniform" definition for clarification? "Special clothes" is a little too ambiguous for me.

School Uniform:
Special Clothes of identical style and pattern required to be exclusively worn by pupils at a particular school.

I eagerly await your argument. I'm curious as to whether you'll attempt to make points outside of the "School uniforms level the all-too-real clothes dilemma," and the appeal to emotion: "Personality and intelligence should be encouraged to flourish."
Svordun

Pro

It seems there is a huge difference in our ages.. Well, I hope that this will be a fair debate, the fact that English isn't my first language doesn't help either. Oh and sorry for the delay, I had a few things I had to take care of..

There are a few points that I would be willing to make:
1. School Atmosphere
2. School Unity
3. Bullying and equality
4. Quality
5. The World After School

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I would love it to be, school isn't a place you go to for fun. With the help of uniforms, a school looks more organized and disciplined. It also helps students focus more as they aren't distracted by what others wear.<A 2010 University of Houston study found that elementary school girls' language test scores increased by about three percentile points after uniforms were introduced.(source:http://school-uniforms.procon.org...)>

School unity is also an important issue, which can also be improved with the help of school uniforms. Just as a team can be united under one clothing or an army has the same outfit, students can also be united with the help of uniforms. Along with that, they can also take pride in the school they go to because of the logo or the design of their uniforms.

Now, this is a classic one. The bullying because of different clothing is eliminated with the help of uniforms. As the richer kids won't be able to show off with their clothes, the poorer students won't be made fun of. Along with that, poorer kids' families won't have to spend as much on clothing because their child will be wearing the same clothing 5 days a week.With uniforms, parents would only have to pay about $150-$200 to outfit a student for a year.

The quality of school uniforms have drastically gone up over the years as well. They aren't the uncomfortable pieces of cloth they used to be. Their design is usually good, something that teens of course care about. They retain their formality while also being comfortable.

As for the last part, children get used to the business world they may very well be in after graduation. Most workplaces demand that you come wearing clothes within a set rule which usually require you to dress formally. Making children get used to wearing formal clothes may very well help them get used to the real world.
godtraitor

Con

godtraitor forfeited this round.
Svordun

Pro

It seems you have forfeited your round, does this mean you forfeit the whole game or just the round? I am going to not say anything this time to make this even so that both of us will have made an argument in one round.
godtraitor

Con

godtraitor forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 9 months ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
SvordungodtraitorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
SvordungodtraitorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.