QueenRamses
Gdougie

Should we have to pay for education??

QueenRamses

Con

It's a complete drag to think about paying thousands of dollars just to go to college. I don't necessarily think it's fair because you're paying for your education. I understand that's how most colleges get their money but why such a high demand? Doesn't it look bad on the college when many students either have to transfer or worse, drop out because they couldn't afford the tuition? I feel that college shouldn't demand so much money from students.
Gdougie

Pro

I appreciate my opponent holding a debate that will be informative to college students.

Here's the thing, yes college does cost thousands of dollars but in the long run I believe it will be worth it. Colleges uses tuition money to pay professors, get new equipment, advertise, athletics, administration, clubs, etc. Everything that makes a college/university comes from tuition money and the government.

With regards to making the college look bad because students will transfer or drop out because of tuition costs, I believe it could be a lot worse. Say students do not have to pay as much tuition or no tuition at all for that matter. This doesn't allow students to have skin in the game, or reason to focus on studies and classes.

For example, if you work and get a paycheck you could relate. The more you get paid, the harder you work. However, if nothing is on the line and you are making say 75 cents, you probably aren't going to be working as hard.

So as bad as tuition costs may sound, they do play a bigger role than you might imagine. The more money you have on the line the harder most kids, not all, will work... This does matter because if we don't make students work for something, they won't try. When they get the bad grades because they aren't trying, that becomes a problem. The more kids that start to fail, the college will just start passing them because they want the college to look good. Then we have a bad situation because kids that have no idea what they are doing start taking jobs that people need in America.

All in all, we just need to leave tuition costs alone.
QueenRamses

Con

QueenRamses forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

My opponent forfeits. Please vote pro.
QueenRamses

Con

QueenRamses forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

Vote pro!