jamesboyet
Joey888

Should we have to use common core in math class?

jamesboyet

Con

I think that we should not be able to use common core because it is a waist of time.
and if you now the answer you shouldn't need to right how you got the answer. If the teacher wants you to show your work that's fine. But you shouldn't have to show your work if you now how to do it and if the teacher now you now how to do the math correctly. You shouldn't have to fill out two peaces of paper just to show your work. Also If you do common core in a business they are not going to hired you because someone else can do it quicker then you. Also they don't need peaces of paper for 4 times 4. and every one should not 4 times 4 it = 16 with out paper and pin.
Joey888

Pro

Common core is a way to enrich students' minds. The old state standards were not enough. The Common Core standards will help not only the students, but the teachers as well. The teachers are exposed to a new form of teaching, which will make them better. The students who are currently in school are the people of the future. We must prepare them for the challenges that they will face. Learning formulas, such as the formula to find the area of a circle, is not enough. Students should learn the idea behind this formula. Learning the behind-the-formula stuff will definitely help the student more than just learning the area of a circle.
jamesboyet

Con

jamesboyet forfeited this round.
Joey888

Pro

Because my opponent has forfeited the previous round, I have some reason to believe that s/he cannot come up with a good rebuttal. Am I allowed to claim a win after this event?
jamesboyet

Con

jamesboyet forfeited this round.
Joey888

Pro

Since you forfeited, that means I win!