VICIOUSDEMONS
Pigzooka

Should we just nuke ISIS?

Pigzooka

VICIOUSDEMONS

Pro

i'm just sick and tired of Obama not dropping bombs on ISIS, i mean come on, Russia And France are, and they ain't even allies!
Pigzooka

Con

Actually, we are bombing ISIS, and France IS our ally.

http://www.cnn.com...
VICIOUSDEMONS

Pro

VICIOUSDEMONS forfeited this round.
Pigzooka

Con

I WIiIIIIIIINNNNNN
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Nukes are not necessary...AT ALL. In a world that is struggling to define the term "peace" where would a nuke fit in the solution? come on guys....
Posted by jphilip2016 1 year ago
jphilip2016
ok whoever made this debate is an idiot
Posted by allie_harding 1 year ago
allie_harding
Here's the thing about using the atomic bomb: No country truly wants to use them until they are deemed absolutely necessary. While using the atomic bomb right now seems a lot easier, it might not actually be the best decision. You've gotta think about all of the innocent people around where the atomic bomb(s) would be dropped. Dropping an atomic bomb is a huge decision that can't be stopped after it's happened. I don't think that any country, America especially, is going to use the atomic bomb unless they deem it necessary to end a war. World War III to be more precise. The thing about that is that no country, especially America, has the money for a war like that. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers would die due to a war like the one that would be needed for America to consider dropping an atomic bomb. World War III may very well come as a result of ISIS and all of the things that they have done and are going to do. What I don't think is that World War III is going to happen anytime soon. There are very few people who actually want a war and even less government officials who would allow a war like that to happen right now. We aren't at the point where many people feel like a war like that is necessary. Therefore, I really don't think that America should 'just nuke' ISIS at this point in time. I don't think that anyone is willing to deal with the consequences and the backlash from dropping one or more atomic bombs. I think that the best thing to do now is sit down and think about strategy. Obviously nothing that's been done recently is going to work. It's time to try something else. Maybe war, maybe not. I'm not on the side of dropping an atomic bomb at this current moment in time. That's not to say that I won't be in favor of it later. I'm just not all for using the atomic bomb at this given point in time.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
VICIOUSDEMONSPigzookaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's lone argument doesn't generate enough positive impact to satisfy the BoP (merely stating your feelings isn't an argument), thus Con wins arguments. Con wins conduct for Pro's round forfeit. I didn't find the source relevant to this debate, so no source points awarded.
Vote Placed by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
VICIOUSDEMONSPigzookaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I vote for con because,he provided a source and nuclear weapons are no longer part of the options we should choose from