Should we learn our motherland language or other nation language

we known as a motherland residents..why should we take exam for our daily language??..if we fail..we still can master those language well..without any lack of vocabluary..sometime,the thing we need is the thing we already have..

First of all, I would like to present some definitions to today's motion. Then, I will carry on by showing a yardstick. Eventually, I will show some rebuttals and present my constructive logics in PRO(FOR) side of today's burning question. So, let me start it.

Learning is the act of acquiring new, or modifying and reinforcing, existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences and may involve synthesizing different types of information. It does not happen all at once, but builds upon and is shaped by previous knowledge. To that end, learning may be viewed as a process, rather than a collection of factual and procedural knowledge.[1]

According to Ivan Illich, the term "mother tongue" was first used by Catholic monks to designate a particular language they used, instead of Latin, when they are "speaking from the pulpit".[2] A motherland language is the language(s) a person has learned from birth or within the critical period, or that a person speaks the best and so is often the basis for sociolinguisticidentity. In some countries, the term motherland language refers to the language of one's ethnic group rather than one's first language. Children brought up speaking more than one language can have more than one native language, and be bilingual.

By contrast, an other nation language is any language that one speaks other than one's first language.[3]

The way the instigator raised the topic exactly says, he is trying to present other nation languages as direct options to a mother tongue which is unacceptable. So, it will have to be shown by him that learning native language should be given up and a foreign language should be immediately started to learn. So, the burden of his side , opposition, is to prove we must resort to learning any foreign language. While, the burden of the side proposition, which is being represented by me, is to show that we should give topmost emphasis to learning our own mother tongue, again saying topmost , not entirely. So, the debate is, in fact, confined to a presumed feud of motherland language and foreign language.

01. REBUTTAL: We should not take exam for our daily language

Well, the opposition's question is why we should give or take exams in our own mother tongue, although it is quite common to us? The reason behind this occurence refers to something logical and something emotional. You fail in an exam, as you stated, it does not show you are quite efficient in your own language. Yes, you may master speaking it fluently or something more, but you may not be able to master some other skills. By the by, you may know or not, if a person wants to learn a language, he needs to have efficiency in 4 skills which are as follows:

Skill 01: Reading Skill
Skill 02: Speaking Skill
Skill 03: Listening Skill
Skill 04: Writing Skill.

When a language is your mother tongue, you will, most probably, be skilled in the first three ones. But the last one is not inborn in you and you have to take academic education even on your own mother tongue to master it. In other words, you have to sit in the examination. If you want to express your feeling in a polite, gentle, tidy or even literatic way, you have to have good writing skill. Well, if you have intention to learn a language in the most shortcut way, you may deny this skill. But, to learn properly, you need to gain this skill and practise your own mother tongue again and again.

02. REBUTTAL: The thing we need is the thing we already have

Yes, you are right in this point of view. Sometimes, we need to have some things we have already had. Mother tongue is not different in this aspect. You know it in a good extent, yet you need to practise it more and more. You need to know each and every atomic elements of your language. Only then, you can be called a true master in that language. You may notice when a thing is being not used for many days, it gets rust. The case of mother tongue is apparently like that. Yes, you may oppose that you are not stopping using it. So, it remains to be in use. Yeah, it may be some use, but the real use is to learn more and more about it.

Well, the opposition side has not presented an enough quantity of arguments that can be rebut against. So, that's all from the rebuttal part.

01. Significance of a mother tongue

The mother tongue of a child is part of their personal, social and cultural identity. Another impact is that it brings about the reflection and learning of successful social patterns of acting and speaking. Researchs suggest that while a non-native speaker may develop fluency in a targeted language after about two years of immersion, it can actually take between five to seven years for that child to be on the same working level as their native speaking counterparts.[4] This has implications on the education of non native speakers. So, the language you are accustomed to can be learnt in less time. If you want to know a new foreign language, you need a huge time which many people may not have. It may be possible in our suspects, but in the perspective of people in general, it is unrealistic. There are many sides of our own language which we should emphasize on. Then, we may think of learning some new ones, as I said in my yardstick section. Moreover, learning a language does not mean only that we gain some sort of fluency. It means constant fluency and rich vocalubary which is much difficult to achieve in general eyes.

02. Coping up with the rest of the society

We cannot segregate and isolate ourselves from the rest of the society. This does not mean we have to lose our roots, but we must learn our own mother tongue (Such as, English) well and fine, if we want to prosper in an predominantly (English) speaking country.

Richard Rodriguez, a Mexican-American writer in his book "Hunger of Memory" suggests that the public language must be one that unites us all. If one is bilingual or speaks more languages; that's great -- but it's greater if all communities in public could understand and communicate with each other.[5] For that reason, each and everybody should learn their mother tongue properly. Otherwise, there will be either flaws or divisions in the society which neither I nor you expect. So, even in this regard, mother tongue stands tall.

03. Maintaining chain with the root

Firstly, many children in international schools plan to return to their home country at some point to continue their education there. This is a strong reason to make sure they do not have gaps in mother tongue language or cognitive development. And secondly, students who turn against or otherwise neglect their mother tongue can often suffer from problems of identity loss or alienation from their parents, and from their grandparents or other family members in their home country. So, learning mother tongue should have to be preffered.

04. Well understandment of scientific as well as other complex concepts

I think that we have to face the reality that complex scientific concepts are difficult to understand in any language. We have found that students struggle with scientific concepts regardless of whether these are in mother tongue or other language. Mother tongue's proper education is the answer to this trouble. On the other hand, I strongly believe that basic education in one’s first language is an excellent preparation for higher education in whatever language.

So, that's all from now on. Lastly, I am insisting to prefer mother tongue, not entirely deal with it. I am eagerly looking forward to see the opposition arguments and hopefully, will come back in time. Till then, good bye.

[3] http;//
[4]Second Language Acquisition Essential Information: Professor J. Cummins

BrotherJack09 forfeited this round.

I extend all my arguments and, therefore, giving you another chance to rebut mine. Coming back with arguments in the next round.......

BrotherJack09 forfeited this round.

Well, taking another chance. You continue. It's you who instigated this debate, so now you should do this.................

sorry but my interest is not exist anymore..thank you

Well, a debate is a debate. You should not lose your interest in it until you complete that. That should be your ideology. However, all of my arguments remain unchallenged. So, that's the end. Nothing more to say....................

BrotherJack09 forfeited this round.

That's all from the debate. So, it's the end as there is nothing left. I would like to remind the voters that the instigator of this debate has not shown any single logic behind his topic. Nevertheless, I have made some and they remain unchallenged.
Posted by Sadat_Hossain 1 year ago
The work is just getting too easier for me. Come on, post your arguments. Let me fight to earn the victory.
Posted by Sadat_Hossain 1 year ago
Nice, you have forfeited this round and just done the work bit easier for me! In fact, I could not exactly manage time to post my arguments on DDO. Thanks:)
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con does not provide any evidence to back up his initial argument, and then forfeited subsequent rounds. Pro provides a proper response with sources.