Some1_called_Josh
AlphaFSPG107

Should we legalize the sale of human organs?

AlphaFSPG107 has forfeited round #2.

Some1_called_Josh

Con

For me, I don't think we should legalize the sale of human organs

but why?

Well, I think that the sale of organs will maybe cause the organ to tear or wear away during shipping. I also think that the sale od organs is quite unpleasent because C'mon its an organ, I don't care if its a giant whale, but an organ? Ew
AlphaFSPG107

Pro

I accept your debate and good luck!

I think the sale of human organs should be legalized under the condition that it is supervised by government/medical organizations and done with legally set boundaries. This negates the whole "wake up in a bathtub with one less kidney" issue. Additionally, this does not apply to the black market. Before defining specific parameters that would make this practice beneficial I would like to provide a counter to your wear and tear argument. Organs from organ donors are shipped anyway once someone on the registry list needs an organ so the issue would not be aggravated by legalization.

Anyway, back to the parameters. The legalization of this practice would work if:

1) The "seller" was selling only their own organ and it was an organ that would not cause the death to the donor.
2) All organs and seller blood were screened for disease as they are normally.
3) A government established organization supervised and provided rules for the sale of organs and provided a safe medium for the transfer of these organs.

This would make sure this remained ethical and would not instigate activity within the black market but instead decrease it. Furthermore, if this was legal both parties would win. The seller would get a nice sum of money and the one receiving would have their life potentially saved.

In conclusion, the practice if legalized with the correct provisions overall would bring a boost to the medical world and save lives.
Some1_called_Josh

Con

I totally disagree with that because the Government will not care about the sales of organs because of other things they are worried about like what the citizens of the united states need and our new president Trump. In addition, the sale of organs can also lead to organs being sold illegally and without Government supervision. Pretend it like the illegal sale of drugs but instead of illegal drugs, it's illegal and contaminated organs.

Speaking of contaminated, the Government will not inspect all the organs being sold for bacteria that will harm the person using it. Maybe the organ was stolen from a person that just died and not being fully inspected before being sold. The sale of organs can lead to people who scam online for organs that people really need. And what would you do when you need an organ for a dying person and the seller turns out to be a scammer or counterfeiters that lie about obtaining the organ and just ripping you off with a cheap plastic fake ripoff toy version or something and you can't just order another because

1.You ran out of money to buy another

or

2.The patient is already dead(R.I.P)

Another reason we should not do this because of the cost of the organs. some organs in the USA can cost up to $61,000 while the organs from china and other countries can cost more or less than the USA ones.

My first reason was just a draft but now this is my official argument.