SSJBlue
bplover28

Should we make people stay for the full time for the Florida state assesments

SSJBlue has forfeited round #2.

SSJBlue

Con

There is no reason to have people wait the full time for the FSA after they're because all people do while waiting is sleep or lay their head down it makes the test way more annoying then they need to be.
bplover28

Pro

I accept your debate. Honestly I can understand where you're coming from... its boring, and it seems you have nothing to do while you wait. I can assure you, though, that there IS a reason you need to stay. The FSA is not a test with no time limit, so students have a certain amount of time to complete the test. All students are given the same amount of time and must stop when instructors tell them to do so. Some students are more mentally challenged than others, or simply take a longer amount of time to complete these assessments, therefore they finish later than other students. The students who finish earlier must stay because all students are timed and graded under the same rubric. All students test at the same time, even the ones who need extra help and time in everyday work; just because one person can take the test in half the amount of time does not mean that other students can as well. In the time that you have left after you've finished the FSA you are told to review your answers- it is wise to do this! The school system does not bend to the will of one student... so sadly, as long as you're taking the FSA, you're going to need to sit and be patient- just remember that extra time can benefit you too. I am a senior, so this year I do not have to take it, but in all of my years of taking it, that extra time really did help- especially for the students who NEEDED it.
Posted by Vvanadium 6 months ago
Vvanadium
This seems interesting, but I'm not sure if you mean the FSA's or state assessments in general.