Should we penalize illegal immigrants for coming to the US?

J-Rivers has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

My argument stands that those that have entered this country illegally should be penalized for doing so. My opponent should argue that those that are here should face no repercussions for illegal or criminal activity and be allowed to stay in the US either as they are, with citizenship, or on a path to said citizenship without any penalizing aspect. I will cede my first round and allow the opponent to open the debate.

This debate will focus upon the social precepts and notions on undocumented immmigrants. In this debate, I will be explicating the various benefits of undocumented immigrants, and how they are beneficial towards the progress of the United States of America.

Undocumented immigrants' status in society has been obfuscated in American society for many years, while "competitors" of undocumented immigrants have been persistant in their view to dispell undocumented immigrants. Yet, undocumented immigrants have much more to contribute to our society than essentially rednecks who possess below average intelligence. Undocumented Immigrants contribute 11.6 billion dollars into our economy. They are taxed more than the top 1%. America has implemented a tax sytem which allows for the rich people to always consistantly pay more in taxes. According to the ITEP(Institute of Texas Economic Policy) , Undocumented Immigrants pay more than the top 1%.

C2-Criminal Activities:
Proponents of a dispellsion of all undocumented immigrants proclaim that a significant portion of undocumented immigrants make up a proliffic amount of the criminal population. Here are the statistics:
-Undocumented Immigrants make up 3.5% of our population.
-Undocumented Immigrants make up 7% of the prison population.
-From 1990 to 2013, the number of undocumented immigrants in the country tripled from 3.5 million to 11.2 million. Yet during that time, violent crime rates dropped 48% nationwide, according to the report.
-Using data from the 2010 Census, the report found that 1.6% of foreign-born males are in jail, compared with 3.3% of the native-born population.

A competent man who who contemplates about disbanding a population full of women and children should also ponder of how much it would cost to scavenge all of the undocumented population, and the dilemma one would be in having to negatively impact Mexico by bestowing them with refugees. Do undocumented immigrants negativel impact our economy? Do a great majority of undocumented immigrants actively participate in criminal activities? One must be in complete ignorance of the evidence in order to assert the claim that disbanding this population would benefit us more.

An alternate proposal would be to bestow undocumented immigrants with amnesty. Undocumented immigrants have only positively contributed to the future of America. They already take part in the many normal activities of a citizen.

Works Cited:

Posted by J-Rivers 1 month ago
Didn't mean to forfeit. My internet went down at my apartment over the weekend. Still haven't got someone out to fix it. Didn't have ability to even comment here until I got to work this morning.