colonjavi123
ksandner

Should we put a ban to animal testing?

ksandner

colonjavi123

Con

I am con against Animal testing because as a human we have freedom and choice. Also animals have the right to live, and the right to choose. But is it right to take the freedom or the life of animals just because we want to research and test new medicines? NO. It's not right to kill and make them suffer just for our own benefit. Animals have emotions. They have thoughts, ideas, feelings. They also suffer. If we just kill and make them suffer, we are taking the freedom and the life of other animals. Remember that animals are living creatures as we are. That is why we should Ban animal testing!!
ksandner

Pro

I am for animal testing. Many may disagree, but many also may agree. The reason I am pro for this is because humans are the dominant species. We do what ever is takes to live. I believe that we should test on animals because if a medicine works on them, there is a damn good chance it will work on us which is a chance I am willing to take! Now when I say test on animals, I do not mean take a random cat or dog, and test them. When I say testing on animals I mean if an animal is sick or dying from a disease and we can cure them with medicine then we should do it! If they're dying and we cannot save them, why not use them to see what a medicine does. There are many things that can be taken negatively through my argument but we can get so many positive things from this!
colonjavi123

Con

Animals are a soft target for human beings; it is however, not fair to take undue advantage of their helplessness. If a human is dying how come we dont test on them because then we are 100% sure that if the medicine worked on one human then it will damn sure work on another. We have to keep into consideration that Animals such as a monkey or mouse can feel the same pain we do so are we really testing for medicines or actually abusing them? a question you should consider. "The pain caused by animal laboratory tests outweighs any benefit humanity might get out of the results, because the results are often unreliable or not applicable to humans."
ksandner

Pro

According to the US based, Foundation for Biomedical Research: "Animal research has played a vital role in virtually every major medical advance of the last century - for both human and veterinary health. From antibiotics to blood transfusions, from dialysis to organ transplantation, from vaccinations to chemotherapy, bypass surgery and joint replacement, practically every present-day protocol for the prevention, treatment, cure and control of disease, pain and suffering is based on knowledge attained through research with lab animals." In fact, seven out of the ten most recent Nobel Prizes in medicine, were based on animal research. Here are the numbers: 84% Rats, mice and other rodents. All specially bred laboratory species
12% Fish, amphibians, reptiles and birds (including many fertilised hen's eggs)
1% Small mammals other than rodents, mostly rabbits and ferrets
2.6% Sheep, cows, pigs and other large mammals
0.3% Dogs and cats. Specially bred for research. No strays or unwanted pets can be used
0.15% Monkeys, such as marmosets and macaques. Chimpanzees, orang-utans and gorillas have not been used in this country for over 20 years and their use is now banned. Most are Rats, mice and other rodents such as frogs. I would also love to point out that all of the research we do from this, not only benefits humans but also animals also because we will know how to treat them.
colonjavi123

Con

I would honestly like everybody to take a minute and just think to your self how would you like it if you had a very sick son/daughter and they werent going to live, so doctors decided to use her for medicine testing. Now the medicine testing is putting them through more pain then they already were in. How do you think these animals feel when we use them for these cruel and unusual testings? whos to say that the doctors are even treatin the animals good through the tests? i would like to bring up the fact again that animals are living creatures, they breathe, feel, eat, think, move, love as humans do, they even speak but not in our language. How is it fair at all that we as humans are obviously stronger and so much more advanced then these animals that we should just take advantage of them because they cant do anything to defend themselves ? I would like every one to ask them selves one question, If you; your self was a doctor and had to test animals as they are already in pain, would you be able to look that poor animal in its face and put it through hell as you use it for your own benefits? could you do it? .. thank you.
ksandner

Pro

I would just like to point out in my closing statement that, comparing testing on humans is irrelevant. We cannot compare those whatsoever. All of the testing we have done was not to hurt or abuse any animal/rodent. It was to make life better for another human, animal, or rodent. Everything we have ever done with animals is to benefit in the long run. It has helped all of our lives so much the past few decades. And for those people who read my opponents last part of the closing statement, if you are not able to test on these animals then it is not a good job for you. There are people in this world who can do it, will do it, and do, do it for the benefit of greater good and healthier longer lives for humans and animals. Thank you.
Vote Placed by niltiac 4 years ago
niltiac
colonjavi123ksandnerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides put up a strong argument...I was 100% against animal testing before viewing this debate, Pro managed to sway my opinion by a lot, which is a very good job. Both sides did well, however.