JTK_DebateChampion
thenewkid

Should we put up a border fence between the U.S and Mexico?

JTK_DebateChampion

Pro

Statistics show that since building a fence in San Diego county, the illegal aliens, drug smuggling, and crime rates have gone down drastically. If we apply this fence to the U.S-Mexico border, it will decrease immigration and make the US better. It will also create more jobs for us if we build a fence.
thenewkid

Con

Well, I certainly hope your statistics are not your only evidence for this rational. First, I am not sure which statistics you are referring to, so I will proceed by assuming your sources valid. Even in admitting the reliability of your statistics (decreases in illegal aliens, drug smuggling, and crime rates), this surely cannot be the measure of all individuals of which you claim. This is about as broad of a stereotype as allowed. Certainly we are not a society that paints a picture with such broad strokes. On your second claim, I agree that immigration will decrease; however, I ask that you elaborate on what you envision when you say "make the US better?" Is "better" referring to the statistical decreases in the above categories? If so, its important to note the existence of an adverse effect in the actions which you call for. Are the benefits which you seek, worth the cost that they reap? Your last claim is a bit ambiguous, do you mean that in the process of building the fence, it will employe more Americans while its being built? Or do you mean to say that in deporting, and or locking down the boarder, more jobs would arise given the new amount that would then be available? I hope we can clarify some of your assertions and definitions so I am able to respond!
JTK_DebateChampion

Pro

JTK_DebateChampion forfeited this round.
thenewkid

Con

thenewkid forfeited this round.
JTK_DebateChampion

Pro

thenewkid

Con

thenewkid forfeited this round.
JTK_DebateChampion

Pro

thenewkid

Con

thenewkid forfeited this round.