benl100
dylanm123

Should we raise the current age of criminal responsibility in England?

benl100

Pro

I am writing a 5000 dissertation on this matter, and so would love to hear intellectual counter-arguments. 10 day voting, 5000 max character count. 1st round is acceptance please.

Just to clarify, the age of responsibility refers to the defense of infancy, where anybody who is classed as an 'infant' cannot be prosecuted for their actions. The current age of criminal responsibility is 10, I am pro for it being raised to 12, perhaps 14. Also England only, as the United States age's range from 7 to 12 or 14, and that in itself is too ridiculous to argue here.

I look forward to hearing any opposition.
dylanm123

Con

i accept this debate with open arms, proceed.
benl100

Pro

benl100 forfeited this round.
dylanm123

Con

dylanm123 forfeited this round.
benl100

Pro

benl100 forfeited this round.
dylanm123

Con

dylanm123 forfeited this round.
benl100

Pro

benl100 forfeited this round.
dylanm123

Con

forfeithhhhhh
Posted by benl100 3 years ago
benl100
Sorry about that round, I had trouble IRL and couldn't debate in time.
Posted by AlexThunder 3 years ago
AlexThunder
I'm an atheist and i am not here to argue on the Bible. I can do that but not here. All i want to say is good luck to both of you and may the best debater win!
Posted by saxman 3 years ago
saxman
I am American. And though this debate sounds interesting, I have a different perspective. I do know that, at least Biblically, 13 was considered an breaking point for someone to reach maturity. If you are atheist, please do not discount my argument, as if anything to you, the bible should at least be considered a great work of literature. And also, many things that are not necessarily "religious" in the Bible have been proven to be wise. Such as not eating certain foods, how to prepare foods. Also the 7 day week, with one day of rest, is considered also to be the most efficient work schedule. But, back on track, it should also be taken in consideration on if the child has any past offenses.
Posted by benl100 3 years ago
benl100
It isn't ideal because I can see there being confusion as the legal system in America is very different, and the cases or examples I have are English cases, but if nobody accepts in the next few days then sure thing. lets see how it goes haha. Also, would you be ok with me citing some of your arguments in my work, your basically a form of research for me.
Posted by AlexThunder 3 years ago
AlexThunder
I'm really interested in this debate, although i don't live in England or have lived there in the Past. I think i will wait, if you Ben want me to of course, to see if someone who lives in England will take this challenge. If you don't mind, i am more than glad to debate!