tahir.imanov
Mister_Man

Should we start developping Bioroids?

Mister_Man

tahir.imanov

Pro

Definition :
Bioroid - genetically engineered humans that are superior in overall biology, intelligence, and physical capabilities.

First round for acceptance.
Mister_Man

Con

I accept the Con position, as I'm assuming you're pro-bioroid.

I don't have any conditions, this is basically a matter of opinions. If you can explain why your opinion is what it is with facts, even better.

Maybe you could quickly go a bit more in-depth about what a Bioroid is, or what your definition of one would be; if we would know that it is a Bioroid without having to dissect it, ie. signs or imprints that it is what it is. That they are exactly the same as humans, except created in a lab by scientists instead of the natural way.

Interesting topic, thanks.
tahir.imanov

Pro

With genetic engineering, the useful genes can be activated, and useless (such as some emotions) genes can be disabled, and genes from multiple people can be used to engineer better human being for certain purpose. Advantages are enhanced intelligence, which will solve most important problems; super immune system, less diseases, and 0 gene related symptoms, disorders or diseases; enhanced physical capabilities, hard work will become easy.

Each genetically engineered human being can be programmed for certain purpose (raison d'etre) which he/she must fulfill, without any objection, riot, or etc. which will led for peaceful co-existence on Earth.

There might be some objections, like equality, morality, and etc. :
Equality - There is no such a thing as equality, and anyone who argues otherwise is just self-delusional.
Morality - If morality is subjective, then arguing from morality is just non-sense.
Evolutionary concerns (concern that genetic enhancement could affect human evolution) - It can be called controlled evolution, therefore there wouldn't be any problem.
What will happen to the rest of humanity? - Who cares!....
Mister_Man

Con

Although I agree that the Bioroids would be beneficial as a whole to society and the development of the world, My main concern is how other people would react. The Bioroids themselves would be fantastic, but people who don't like or feel inadequate to them would be the main concern. Groups of people would come together to kill them, even for irrational reasons, which could cause a lot of death and disaster. And possibly on a bigger level, people would compare themselves to the "perfect humans" and feel like absolute garbage. It would deter anyone from reproducing with actual human beings, and instead go for the Bioroids. And although that action in itself (assuming the Bioroids are literally 100% the same as humans) is not very detrimental to continuing the gene pool, lots and LOTS of people would feel inadequate and would possibly (or even probably) harm themselves, others, the Bioroids, etc.

And if that means that over time, the only "humans" alive would be Bioroids, we wouldn't know for sure if society would advance or stay where it is now, as we're basically telling the Bioroids what to do.

I like the idea, however, I don't think most humans would be mentally prepared. If everyone thought like you and me, then I'd have no problem introducing Bioroids into our society, but the truth is - they don't think like you and me.
tahir.imanov

Pro

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Con

Come on, I really want to hear your side of this!
tahir.imanov

Pro

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Con

Well thanks for at least getting me to think about this all. My main argument is that our civilizations are currently not ready for bioroids for the reasons I stated before. The main one being the fact that a lot of people would feel inferior, challenged, replaced, etc. with 'better' people.

Thanks, hopefully you said what you wanted to say.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
No worries, I still appreciate the opportunity to discuss this to an extent.
Posted by tahir.imanov 2 years ago
tahir.imanov
sorry for not posing my arguments, I had things to do, and was offline whole this time. My sincere apologies. But I will debate this topic again in future.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Contact me when it's time to vote, please. I'm looking forward to reading this.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
tahir.imanovMister_ManTied