PrincessMizukiAshiya
tsume

Should we stop animal testing?

Started: 5/13/2015 Category: News

PrincessMizukiAshiya

Pro

Animal testing is dangerous and cruel. It may also be a good thing too. But think about it, using animals as test subjects, that's cruel. Plus what happens if the test works on the animal and not on the human? It's possible for test results to work on the animal and not work on the human. Also no one knows what kind of animals they are using for the animal testing. They could be using endangered species/animals , for all we know....
tsume

Con

Since you provided no rules, I will make them:
Pro must give points against animal testing, and why it should be slowed down or even stopped completely
Con must give points for animal testing, why it is necessary, and why it should be continued
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that it can be cruel, and is disturbing.

However, it is necessary for the advancement of science. And there is absolutely no evidence of testing on endangered animals. They have absolutely no reason to. It isn't pretty, but it's necessary. The most common tests are on lab rats and mice-- pests. Note that I am an animal lover, and I own many animals, including horses. I take it that Round 2 will be for arguments, this was merely my acception and my case introduction.
PrincessMizukiAshiya

Pro

Sorry, I'm still new at all this. And I'm animal lover too.

I suppose your right, but even if they weren't testing on other animals, it's still a sad and cruel thing to do. It might be necessary, but it could also backfire. I mean, some tests could work on the animal but it may not work on the human. By doing tests on animals, it could endanger the life of that animal. I don't even want to be in school when my biology class is going to direct a pig or some kind of animal. If that happens, I'll be either hiding or just doing the writing part and not disecting the animal and not looking at it too. I'll just end up crying or something if something like that happened. Ah...! Sorry I got off track. Anyway, there should be another way of testing, though. Animals aren't humans, but they do suffer like we do.....
tsume

Con

1. It is necessary for the advancement of scientific understanding and the understanding of the body.
It is necessary. Testing on animals advances scientific understanding. In order to treat diseases, scientists must know how the body works.
2. It acts as a model to study disease
Humans and animals share many, many illnesses and diseases, therefore animals can act models, in order to look for cures and treatments. With these models, we can learn how the disease affects the body, how our immune system's respond, what kind of people will be affected, and much more. tests
3. Animal testing has yielded many potential forms of treatment
With increased information on a particular disease, researchers can test these potential therapies on the animals. Medicines for Parkinson's disease, in particular, have been yielded from animal
4. Animal testing not only affects the safety of the people, but animals, as well.
Unfortunately, newly developed medicines are required by law to be tested on animasl before humans or other things out of the lab because it could in turn hurt other people.
It is unfortunate that we must test on animals, but for the safety of our society and future generations, it must be carried out. Also-- dissection in biology class is for the understanding of an animal's organs and biology. It is for learning purposes, and the animal isn't being tortured, because it is already dead.
tsume

Con

Forfeit this round.
Posted by PrincessMizukiAshiya 2 years ago
PrincessMizukiAshiya
Ah....
Really?
K then.
Posted by tsume 2 years ago
tsume
No, I don't think so. I will forfeit the round, because well I can't think of anything more to say because there is nothing to respond to.
Posted by tsume 2 years ago
tsume
PrincessMizukiAshiya
Is it because I'm doing it from my cell phone?
PrincessMizukiAshiya
Yes.
Posted by tsume 2 years ago
tsume
I noticed that, too. You mean round 3, right?
PrincessMizukiAshiya
I posted my argument, right? Because I thought I did, but it's now showing right now.
PrincessMizukiAshiya
Even so, it's still wrong. Alive or dead, they are still creatures of this world...
Posted by Himans45 2 years ago
Himans45
What's wrong with dissections, the animal is already dead.
PrincessMizukiAshiya
Well, a bit of both. I'm against it but I also want to stop it or at least find another way of doing that.