Adley104
lord_megatron

Should we stop hunting Lions?

Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner
Started: 5/12/2016 Category: Economics

Adley104

Pro

I think we should stop hunting lions because the population of lions was really high in the 1990-1950 (100,000 to 400,000).Now there is about 16,500 to 47,000 lions left in the wild. Lions don't do anything to us, they just want to avoid us but we provoke them and it get them angry and they start killing people because of us provoking them. We kill them for no reason sometimes just for fun or just to keeps it's head as a trophy.

Heard about Cecil the Lion, Scientist were studying that Lion until a hunter shot him.

Here is a website on why we should stop hunting lions ( I using this to help me with my argument):http://news.nationalgeographic.com...
lord_megatron

Con

Why should we save lions at all? They kill humans if they enter their territory and they kill animals as well. I think hunting lions is good as lesser the species, more the money.
Adley104

Pro

We should save lions because we are killing them for no reason. and yea they kill animals because they need to live. Dumbo
lord_megatron

Con

We are killing them for decorations, trophy hunting and what not. There is always a reason. And yes they kill animals, why only carnivores to live at all. If lions don't exist, will it matter, no it won't. Pro failed to give an argument as to why lions should not be killed apart from their dwindling population. I argued its good their population is dwindling. Vote for me
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: princearchitect// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: I give the edge to pro in this debate, I wouldn't encourage him calling people DUMBO though, but his argument was more convincing and he did used the only source in the debate.

[*Reason for removal*] While conduct and source differences between the two debaters may factor into the outcome of a select winner debate, the voter does still have to assess arguments, which never happens in this vote. Merely stating that one side had more convincing arguments is not enough " the voter has to assess specific points made by both sides.
************************************************************************
Posted by mcnugget 7 months ago
mcnugget
I don't think your going to get anyone to debate you on this topic Because there really isn't a opposing argument beside "you get lots of money by selling its parts on the black market."
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I fully agree with this resolution. Lions are kind of endangered, so of course the government would make hunting them illegal. Maybe. I wonder how Con, the Contender, will respond.