Thatguy01
HashtagWar

Should we teach the civil war from a union perspective AS WELL as a Confederate one?

Thatguy01

Thatguy01

Pro

I believe confederate history to be necessary in understanding our cultural differences in society todey. The simple fact is that I'm the south their is outrage over the army of northern Virginia battle flag being taken down by confederate sympathizers who are deemed "racist" by modern society who simply misunderstand their point of view. Thus the primary way to end this would be to gain understand to the youth through education
HashtagWar

Con

I'm sorry man, but I am against that now although there are confederate sympathizers that's fine although most people hate them. Now as much as I believe in equality this happened because the government at that time decided to not teach from both perspectives. By the way if you wanted to learn about confederacy YOU COULD'VE JUST LEARNED FROM OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL DUMBASS!
Thatguy01

Pro

Well, first thinks first, up yours as well. Second, the war of northern aggression (civil war) happened due to the fact that the north imposed unreasonable tariffs on the south, at least from a southern perspective. And it is only through realizing that other people's opinions may not be what we think they are that we might actually be able to achieve a greater understanding of one another. I believe it should be taught in school to help stop the aggression on both sides.
HashtagWar

Con

HashtagWar forfeited this round.
Thatguy01

Pro

Seeing as the contender has forfeited this round I would like to allow him another chance to state his final argument, therefore I will end my discussion with this sentence.
HashtagWar

Con

Okay i probably should've also mentioned I am from Florida so I understand the confederate aggression southerners get in fact when I moved to Michigan I received that same aggression now where I am from I've never seen any aggression pass between southerners and northerners until I moved north is where I saw that aggression appear, but I can see your P.O.V. and I agree that everyone should learn from both P.O.V.'s, but it doesn't have to occur in both schools. So that concludes my FINALE.
Posted by LukeMcRoast 9 months ago
LukeMcRoast
Although the Confederates and the Union has been put into a perspective that this was a war between racism it was also a war of political division, and the economy of the United States. So yes, I believe it should be taught
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 8 months ago
lord_megatron
Thatguy01HashtagWarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited