Aslanbek
Stonewall

Should we use mobile phones in class?

Stonewall

Aslanbek

Pro

I think we should use mobile phones in schools for somereasons. Such, we do not need to bring our calculators or even books, because we can download it from the web.
Stonewall

Con

I accept this challenge. I don't know what sort of rules you have for this debate, so I'm going with free-for-all.

First, what about kids that don't have new cell phones? Or any at all, for that matter. They're not gonna have the capabilites of the newer phones, thus putting them at a disadvantage. But, I'll just give the benefit of the doubt and say those kids can just use real textbooks. This still puts them at a disadvantage. Why? People with phones can cheat much more easily and efficiently. Not to mention cheating, but overall distractions. Why read 1984 or To Kill a Mockingbird when you can just go on sparknotes.com and get a nice little summary in class, maybe with some quiz answers? This, of course, implying that they'd even care. The internet is literally at their fingertips, and Facebook sounds a tad more appealing than an algebra textbook.

I also understand that you said for some reasons only, but that still leaves no possible way of regulation. You can't make a student not text or go on Facebook. How could you? The idea is heavily flawed. I'm sure in ten years or so there will be a way to regulate it. Technological capabilities double every year, I hear. But for now, using mobile phones in class is just another useless distraction.
Aslanbek

Pro

Aslanbek forfeited this round.
Stonewall

Con

Vote Con.
Aslanbek

Pro

Aslanbek forfeited this round.
Stonewall

Con

...yeah, still vote Con.
Posted by MariyaMokhneva 3 years ago
MariyaMokhneva
Also they can be used for for academic purposes. Anyway it's rather easier to bring mobile phone or tablet than a huge pile of books.
Posted by MariyaMokhneva 3 years ago
MariyaMokhneva
I consider that using of mobile phones always attention not only yours but also surrounding people. But sometimes I faced with situations when I need a vocabulary or calculator. Though for me it is very important to have a mobile tablet because I have many information such as articles, different notes and books on it.
Posted by asasas 3 years ago
asasas
I think that we shoulkd not use cellphones in classes as it is easy to get distracted. IF you use cellphone you miss out what teacher is telling or explaining. You get a temptation to look your messages up. At the end you do not understand the whole lesson.
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 3 years ago
Chrysippus
AslanbekStonewallTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins this easily; Pro not showing up to defend the proposition only sealed his loss. Con's arguments were much better thought out and presented.