Spassky101
chipmonk

Should we use the evidence to not believe in God?

Spassky101

Pro

Hello. This first round will be acceptance. Save debates for round two.
chipmonk

Con

I accept. Trying to use "evidence," whatever that means, to not believe in God is as illogical as it gets.

I can verifiably and logically demonstrate Pro is delusional and draws upon fiction to assert his own subjective opinion about what "reality". Is.

Id like to begin by proposing defintions,
God. Creator of all life,matter the known And unknown universe, that exists independent of that which it or he created.
Evidence. Leading one to believe a proposition is true.
Spassky101

Pro

First let's stick to the facts. In the Bible, it says that the world is 6000 years old. In Sweden there is a tree called Old Tjiko that is over 9500 years old. Using ice cores we found that in order for the world to be 6000 years old, we would need 170 winter summer cycles. Also in the Bible, Noah's ark happened 4000years ago. But the Bible said nothing about the plants. With no plants on the ark, how would we have plants now? Btw, plants can't grow underwater. In Noah's ark, there were 7000 different species of animals. To have 16million species of animals we would have to discover 11 species of animals a day. Species, not individual animals. One last thing to save more for later, if the world is only 6000 years old, how come we can see stars over 6000 light years away? Star light would have to travel over the speed of light. Who's delusional now? I would like to see you get by that. All of that. And i still have more to pound you with.

Citation: Undeniable, Evolution and the Science of Creation, by Bill Nye
chipmonk

Con

The bible does not SAY the world is 6000 years old. There is no evidence of this.

The story of Noah's ark (as well as Genesis) are obviously simplified accounts. No where in the bible does it mention how many different species Noah brought on the ark. The bible also does not specifically state that it is a science book of facts.

Where is the evidence that the bible makes any of these claims?
Spassky101

Pro

It looks like the atheist knows more about the Bible than you. Check your sources and read carefully.
chipmonk

Con

It looks like spassky is a troll. Cite ur own evidence, troll. What can b asserted without evidence can be dismissed as such.
Spassky101

Pro

If you notice in the 2nd argument, you might find my citation.
chipmonk

Con

Then I'd have to tell you to find better evidence before drawing conclusions about God. Has Bill Nye seen God before? was he the one who wrote the bible?

Then why do you consider him an authority?
Spassky101

Pro

Most creationists believe in this standpoint. Second of all YOU USED NO EVIDENCE AGAINST ME. I capitalized everything so everyone can see it. You have not convinced anyone to believe in God. So let me be the one with evidence. The most common argument that conflicts with God is evolution. So let me disprove God with evolution. The reason for getting flu shots every year is because viruses evolve and that is why the shots we get is from the Southern hemisphere. Viruses are gotten most of the time in the winter. So we get our vaccines in the summer. This is just one example of evolution. We compare fossils and bones to our bones. If you are wondering how life started, I will ask if you heard of the Michael-Urey experiment. Using primordial time circumstances, they made an experiment that produced amino acids, which are the building blocks of life. This proved that life on Earth was not guided by a god, but by natural means.
So in conclusion, all the evidence I have provided may narrow your choice to believe or not to believe.

I have no idea what the con will provide as evidence. I will assume he will provide evidence because otherwise he will have an incredibly weak argument. Good luck trying to prov me wrong, because this will be your only chance to provide evidence.
chipmonk

Con

You are the instigator of this debate. Therefore the burden of proof is on you.

You have not demonstrated why or even HoW you can use evidence to not believe.

Since you have only demonstrated that you do not have any evidence, yet disbelieve anyways, Im going to call you a LIAR and continue believing. Thanks.
Posted by chipmonk 1 year ago
chipmonk
I suggest you challenge me to this debate again. Yet think a bit more carefully about what you consider "evidence" against God.
Posted by Spassky101 1 year ago
Spassky101
P.s. You have the burden of proof. Get the facts straight. Also I can't be a liar if I am providing FACTS. This was a debate against facts and opinions.
Posted by Spassky101 1 year ago
Spassky101
I have plenty of evidence and you have provided none. You are closed minded and did not convince me why I should believe in God. You have no evidence and have not proved why we should ignore the evidence.

This is addressed to chipmonk.
Posted by Spassky101 1 year ago
Spassky101
Btw, to answer the question about Bill Nye, he is a proper authority because he studies this sort of thing. It's called science.
Posted by Iamsamer 1 year ago
Iamsamer
God is real I licked his Facebook
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yep..What he is talking about is...Talk..
Posted by Iamsamer 1 year ago
Iamsamer
Someone help me I turned into Jesus Christ of Satan I am in love with the con munch munch munch
Posted by Spassky101 1 year ago
Spassky101
FollowerofChrist, it is called science (2)
Posted by Iamsamer 1 year ago
Iamsamer
I love biscotti but I don't love religions anarchist ways most people would in prison are religious due to the leprechaun whispering in there ear also know as their god or gods or goddess some call me a godless bowl of chili only because I love chili powder like tuna mmmm chili I don't like corners because of ocd I am Apple and the apples have so many pens have their 16 birthdays etc I am leaning to the con due to john Conner THE REBELLION WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
canis;
You poor thing (tsh) ,Soooo lost, Soooo naive, Soooo uninformed, Soooo ignorant (lack of knowledge).

How long before you open your eyes and SEE the reality around you! Okay, perhaps I can help you understand the world you live in .... lets just look at this from logic standpoint alone?
1. Exactly ZERO of Those Scientist you believe in WERE in existence WHEN the Heavens AND the Earth WERE created ....right? Soooo number 2

2.ANY opinion from Scientist anywhere on the planet CANNOT BE proved .... yes it is a scientific guess, BUT, as they were not HERE it IS STILL opinion, conjecture and Theory thereby unprovable! Did you miss the statement about fact and theory? Clearly not!

3. Scientist cannot possible KNOW HOW LONG it takes to form a Rock! Again, they can GUESS, but it's just a guess.

4. Scientist ARE LIMITED to what Man can create equipment wise, and can only SEE as far as the strongest telescope AVAILABLE at the present TIME, so they CANNOT SEE to eternity in space ... they can guess though?

5. This is the big one ..... are you SURE you want to put your soul on the line BASED on a logic, that WHEN looked at without prejudice, or malice ..... is clearly understood as myriads of scientific guesses none of which IS provable unless they were present at the time? I mean since it's your soul on the line, don't you at least, want to pursue the infinite possibilities, that may in fact exist, but are NOT BEING studied BY Science?

soul.
1.the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
2.the essence or embodiment of a specified quality: