San_9
anara_a

Should we wear uniforms in universties?

San_9

Pro

We should wear uniform in universities because it is discipline ourselves. In educational places we can not allow to wear a free uniform because students can wear all that they want for example the pyjams.
anara_a

Con

University is the place where students are no longer considered as kids, so they are capable of distinguishing what is acceptable or not. Following the uniform will not make them to be more mature.
San_9

Pro

Of course wearing a uniform is not making us more mature, but is it politely when girls wearing mini-skirt or boys wearing sport clothes ? It is not ethic when we sit opposite of our teacher wearing "open" and ""domestic" clothes.I think universities should lead uniforms in order to avoid these situations.However the uniform must be comfortable, I does not mean that it must be like in school, it should be more democratic.
anara_a

Con

We should not consider wearing uniform to be obligatory but, of course, most universities have dress code policy that every student should follow. On the other hand, university is the time when students can express their personality and try to find themselves in this life, so wearing uniform makes it harder to express themselves through fashion.
San_9

Pro

I agree with you that clothes is one of the way of showing our individuality. However we are studying in univesity to express our individuality during the educational process, we are not going to university to show our fashion preferences, but somebody is. Maybe universities have to make dress code policy just to avoid wearing of unwanted clothes,because in future when students employ to a job, they will have problems with discipline which is connecting with uniform. Students should wear uniform just to show for teachers that they came to a lesson,not to a party. I will repeat that uniform in universities should not be like in a school, it should be more democratic and comfortable.
anara_a

Con

Introducing uniform in the university is not as easy as it may seem, because no uniform can suit every single person, especially if we are talking about adults. Also, not all families are capable of providing their children with uniform, as you may know classic clothing like suits might be quite expensive. As I said before, introducing uniform diminishes creativity and self expression. We can not say that uniform will change student's behavior or attitude. In my opinion, student's activity, knowledge, participation and behavior are much more important for teachers, not just what they are wearing, because they are working with person and his personality not with a peace of clothing.
Posted by ZhadyraB 4 years ago
ZhadyraB
hello gyus! I`m reading your theme and it is really interested me.