LsnapZ
LibertyLover

Should wild animals be kept as pets?

LsnapZ

Con

I will be debating on the position that wild animals should not be kept as pets. Round 1 will be my opponent accepting, round 2 will be arguments and rounds 3 and 4 will be rebuttals.
LibertyLover

Pro

I will be debating on the side that wild animals should be able to be kept as pets.

Good luck to my opponent.
LsnapZ

Con

First of all, I will start by saying that it would be nearly impossible to provide a good home for a wild animal. Wild animals require much care and attention. It would be extremely difficult for the average person to provide this, unless they were to spend every minute dedicated to the animal. The average wild animal also requires much space to roam, much bigger than normal gardens. Wild animals also pose a threat to the humans caring for them. According to BBC news, there have been over 500 injuries and 75 deaths.
LibertyLover

Pro

I would start off by saying that I believe in personal freedom and personal responsibility for all humans. As part of this I believe that as long as your choices do not directly violate another person's rights to Life, Liberty, or Property no crime has been committed. It is each person's choice. When a person chooses to have a wild animal as a pet they take the chance of putting them-self in danger, but that is their choice. I do not believe that it is right to tell someone what they can and can't have as a pet. At one time the dog was considered a wild animal.
LsnapZ

Con

LsnapZ forfeited this round.
LibertyLover

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the previous round
LsnapZ

Con

LsnapZ forfeited this round.
LibertyLover

Pro

LibertyLover forfeited this round.
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
What exactly do you define as a "wild animal"?