ghostrecon
feelthebernie

Should woman have right to have an abortion in case of rape and incest ?

ghostrecon

Con

Hi i challenge you to my debate.I would say abortion is especially bad in case of incest because incestous relationship should not be allowed in the first place due to because of inbreeding factor .
feelthebernie

Pro

I accept this debate. I will allow Con to post their argument.
I will have three main contentions in this debate
1. A women shouldn't have to give birth to a child that they were forced to have
2. In bread children often have very major disabilities
3. It's a women's choice

In each round I will get into detail about this 3 contentions
I wish con the best of luck.
ghostrecon

Con

Okay let's me start off by saying.In case of rape if it is in urgent such as woman body is not health enough to give birth then abortion then it's right to have an abortion because pregnancy would be life endangering to woman.But on the other hand,if woman is healthy enough to give birth then she should not miscarriage otherwise it would infringe right of a fetus and murder.
feelthebernie

Pro

Thank you con. I want to start off by responding to your claims. You say that the women should give birth because the fetus has rights. A fetus cannot feel pain until 24 weeks after conception. The fetus does not feel pain, their brain isn't devolved, so claiming it has rights is like saying sperm has rights. It hasn't devolved nerves, a brain, it can't feel pain, so how come the rights of that non-devolved fetus are greater than the rights of the women to do what they want to do with their body? Fetuses cannot feel pain, but the women can.

I want to now move on the my first contention. A women shouldn't have to give birth to a child that they were forced to have. When a women is raped, they already are going to have a lot of mental issues and they are going to have trouble adapting because they are permanently traumatized. Now, after a women is raped and tortured and by some luck managed to get out alive, why should they go through another traumatizing experience that is the pain of childbirth. They didn't want to get raped, they didn't want to have that child, and they were just tortured for God knows how long, yet she isn't allowed to move on? If they were to have the child, the child would serve as a permanent reminder of that painful experience.
Of course, nobody likes abortions, everybody wants children to have opportunities, but a women who has been permanently traumatized should not be forced to give birth to the result of forced intercourse.

I will allow con to give their arguments and then I will move on to contention 2 in round 3.
ghostrecon

Con

A fetus can feel pain during abortion especially after 20 weeks,the fetal brain has the full competent of brain cells present in adulthood, ready and waiting to receive pain signals from body .An abortion is murder if it's not an urgent case ten abortion is unnecessary.Especially it's bad in case of incest because incest is something that should not be allowed or encourage.
feelthebernie

Pro

Thank you con
Con states that fetuses feel pain after 20 weeks, which is why 90% of abortions occur before the 13th week. Fetuses can't feel pain at the time of the abortion.
Con also brought up my second contention that incest can lead to bad things. Often times, when two people from the same family have a child, the child has many disabilities, mental and physical issues, and sometimes die during or after birth. It isn't logical for a society to force a women to give birth to a child that will most likely have life destroying disabilities. I am, of course, against incest, but allowing a women to be able to abort an inbred child does not encourage incest, in the same way that getting an abortion after getting raped does not encourage rape. Of course incest should be discourged, but why should it be discouraged? To prevent inbred children! Do you see the hypocrisy of cons claims? They state that incest lets to birth defects, so incest should be discouraged, but if inbred children are so bad, then why force a women to give birth to one?
To review, me and con both agree that incest is bad, but forcing a women to give birth to a child that will likely have defects is not a good way to discourage incest.
I will allow con to give their next argument.
ghostrecon

Con

Okay we both agree that incest is bad and can be threatening to children.But we can prevent danger that can happen to an unborn baby by making it unlawful to have sex with your close blood relative.So in any situation where incest occur there must be a complaint by any person including it can also be from the public so that incest couple should be prosecuted and go to jail.If there are some people refuse to filed a complaint that they should be charged for negligent crime.So the law should force people to filed a complaint.
feelthebernie

Pro

Thank you con
Con states that we should have laws against incest. Let me remind con that in the U.S we do have laws against incest. While I think they could be stricter, they are there. I think the point con is missing is what happens if two relatives performs incest and one get pregnant? Even if we do punish people for incest, people are still going to do it. There will still be cases of and inbred child, so why don't you let the women have an abortion.

My final contention is that it is a women's choice. The fetus can't feel pain, and doesn't have a brain at the time of abortion, but a women does. A women is a human being who does have rights, and it should be her choice, not anybody else's. How come you are giving this unborn child who cannot think, feel, or speak, more rights than the women? When a women has an unplanned pregnancy, sometimes they don't have a lot of choices. They could give birth to it and raise it, which can be difficult because they might not be able to take care of it financially, and the father may not be around. Many women don't have a lot of options and sometimes they have to turn to abortion, and it is her choice from there. If a women is raped, they shouldn't be forced to give birth to a child that they were forced to have. In the case of incest, they shouldn't have to give birth to a child that will have mental and physical disabilities. In the case of incest and rape, it's almost inpossible to argue that it is beneficial to the child, mother, and society to force a women out of her right to choose what to do with it.
I will let con give his last argument.
ghostrecon

Con

Yes,but did you do know that abortion can have adverse effect on woman health ??Including that they can suffer from cancer and other health problem.So i agree with you some point that in urgent case that pregnancy can endanger a woman life then she should get an abortion.But i would remind you that even we make abortion legal that doesn't mean we legalized incest as either.Incest will remain a crime because a fetus does constitute as human being and all human deserve equal right.Look at in muslim country are on of the top rank highest child mortality rate in the world and they even encourage incest.So muslim people are stupid,don't need to wonder why so many muslim people are inbred.
feelthebernie

Pro

Yes, I agree with con, there are adverse effects from abortion, but the health risks from child birth are greater than that of abortion.
Con also claims that I think that making abortion legal will allow incest, which makes little to no sense.
Muslims don't encourage incest, and their high mortality rate doesn't have anything to do with incest, it's because they sometimes live in poor countries with little medicine and food.
I think cons statement that Muslims are stupid is racist
I encourage you voter to vote for pro
Posted by FreedomBeforeEquality 1 year ago
FreedomBeforeEquality
Hmm, so having a particular level of developed nervous system is what grants a man his natural rights? And all this time I thought it was just the fact that it was human that did that for them.
Posted by feelthebernie 1 year ago
feelthebernie
Curious to why con is taking so long.
Posted by EverlastingMoment 1 year ago
EverlastingMoment
Your stance you posted in round one actually contradicts your position on the topic, are you for or against it?