feramortis
FutureFeynman

Should women be allowed to have abortions?

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

feramortis

Pro

Con will begin the argument supporting prolife. i will rebuttle with prochoice. Cite sources at the end of your post.
FutureFeynman

Con

Hi, this is my first debate on this website, so forgive me while I figure out everything about this website.

Abortion is murder. To destroy your own baby because of the fact that you were too sloppy to buy a pack of condoms or get a birth control pill is vulgar and disgusting. A woman has the right to her body, but not the right to destroy someone else's.
feramortis

Pro

Hello, Con! This is only my second debate, so don't worry about it. Thank you for accepting!

I will start my debate with this: not all pregnancies are caused by choice or by accident. Some are caused by rape. Are you to tell me that women and girls- young girls who dont have the responsibility to care for a child- must have their rapist's children? Children born of sick men who have no regard for THEIR personal rights and wants? If a woman has the right to her body, and not the right to destroy someone else's- why does a man, a rapist, have the right to destroy her body? And she must then bear the weight of his wrongdoings.

Let me ask you this.

say you were in a burning building. As you are running to escape, you pass by a room. in it is a crying child. Across the hall, there are a million embryos. A million 'bodies' or 'lives' as the prolives call them. You only have the chance to save one. Will you save the living, crying child with thoughts and ideas and capabilities, a family and parents and loved ones- or a bunch of vertebrate, without emotions or autonomy?

Source(s)
https://www.merriam-webster.com...
FutureFeynman

Con

Before I continue, I'd like to ask for us to leave any arguments regarding abortion in the instances of rape or incest until later. Thank you.

mur"der
G2;mərdər/Submit
noun
the premeditated killing of one human being by another.

hu"man
G2;(h)yoV2;omən/Submit
adjective
relating to or characteristic of people or human beings.

According to Dictionary.com, murder is the unlawful killing of one human being to another, and a human is a being relating to people. At 25 weeks old, a fetus has a head, two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, two eyes, tow ears, a nose, a mouth, and a torso. It can feel pain. It has a sense of movement. It emits brainwaves, which indicate thought, and electrical signals. Don't you think that those traits are similar to a normal person, walking down the street. I do. When you abort a baby, you are, by definition, committing murder.

https://www.babycenter.com...
Posted by I_just_plant_the_seed 1 month ago
I_just_plant_the_seed
I believe the rape/incest argument is truly vacuous. Suppose that a child conceived by rape or incest grows to the age of four; is the mother still justified in killing the child? Clearly, this cannot be what justifies abortion.
Posted by DawnBringerRiven 1 month ago
DawnBringerRiven
Even a zygote is alive. Single celled organisms are alive. Zygotes are alive as well. Killing a baby at any period through pregnancy is undoubtedly murder. I'm not pro life. I'm Pro common sense. In Pro's scenario, the embryos would already die as they're not finished developing making saving the baby the only choice. If we assume that the embryos will survive and grow normally outside of a mother's womb, then saving the embryos is the obvious choice. Saving more lives is always better in terms of morality. The golden rule of morality states that an action must be done for the greater good, meaning benefiting a greater number of people. There is nothing about abortion that is logically or morally sound. If a woman is raped and impregnated, the baby is not the rapist's child. The baby is the mother's child. If a woman becomes pregnant, she must face the consequences of her carelessness. If the woman does not, or can not support the child themselves, then she can give the baby to a family member, put the baby up for adoption, or place the baby in a foster home.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 1 month ago
Bitch_Goddess
"At 25 weeks old, a fetus has a head, two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, two eyes, tow ears, a nose, a mouth, and a torso. It can feel pain. It has a sense of movement. It emits brainwaves, which indicate thought, and electrical signals. Don't you think that those traits are similar to a normal person, walking down the street. I do. When you abort a baby, you are, by definition, committing murder."
That's why abortion past 24 weeks is illegal...
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 1 month ago
Bitch_Goddess
Wow, it was just like they said. "Pro-lifers" really DO avoid answering the scenario Pro gave.
That sure says something.