Should women be allowed to serve in equal combat roles in armed forces?

Men here's a little wake up call, not all of you are exactly strong either. So hey its not just woman who seem to have weak body builds. I'm not in the military, but I know how wrong it is that people are saying that woman can't go into the military. The only reason why woman fail (and also men )is not because they aren't strong enough, but because they don't care enough to go after what they want, they just give up, or because of medical reasons and I guarantee it is not just woman who have dropped out of training, for these reasons. My Mother was training to go into the military and she didn't make it through, not because she was to weak or couldn't handle it. It was because of medical reasons. The exact same reason goes for my Father. Oh and as for woman being more susceptible to Rape in the military. All I can say is men you need to learn a little bit of self control there. It wrong to rape anyone male or female. I mean come on that one is just common sense. Woman have what it takes to make it in what in the older day was a mans world when it came to time of war and in that time of war you don't treat them like fragile things that can't handle it you treat them like and equal and have there back when out in the field.

Very interesting topic and will be glad to debate this with you. First of all, I mean no disrespect to women and I agree that women are not "weak" or "fragile".

"Oh and as for woman being more susceptible to Rape in the military. All I can say is men you need to learn a little bit of self control there."
Indeed, women are more susceptible to rape. It is wrong, but unfortunately, men will NOT learn self control. Therefore, being in the military increases risk of rape for a woman.

I would like to call your attention to the fact that traditionally, in almost every country, males are the ones going off to war. The allowance of women to join the military may disrupt the usual social patterns of our society.

I would also like to point out that on a biological level, men are better prepared for combat. Men have thicker skin, faster muscle growth and wounds heal faster. Take a look at nature, males are always the ones fighting each other. Whether it is for territory or mates, males are always the ones engaging in combat. (Except for very rare exceptions that I may not be aware of).

I do see your point yes in tradition males are the ones who have gone to war in history and still, but that still shouldn't stop woman from going into Combat. Our society has grown to a point where woman are not limited in the work force. Yes there are jobs where it is more male dominate, such as our current topic the military, but if a woman can go through the same grueling training as men then they have a right to be there, and stopping woman from proving themselves capable just because people believe they do not have the same body structure as men, is unfair and wrong a sense, and once again not all men are big strong guys and that really doesn't stop them from trying. Plus our bodies don't just stay weak if we start out that way, we can become more fit and build endurance if we want.

There is another factor you must consider. In a child's development (especially earlier stages) having an ever-present, healthy mother is crucial. If mothers are off at war, this may disrupt the child's development which may have irreversible mental and psychological consequences.

It go's for the same thing if the father leaves the child also. So its just not the mother, if the father was to leave also in war and die, that child will have mental and psychological consequences no matter what parent leaves for war.

Women have menstrual cycles which may have devastating effects especially during combat. Not only does a woman lose strength before menstruating, but the emotional ups and downs would NOT be acceptable during a combat situation.
1 in 10 women get pregnant while serving in the military. Sex should be the last thing on soldier's minds.

If you don't believe me, read some articles written by experienced female veterans.
Please read this article. It is written by a female Marine captain.
As well as this:

They are simple, truthful articles written by proud women.

Every country that has experimented with women in combat has abandoned the idea. Also, it has been scientifically proven that ON AVERAGE, women have 60% the physical strength of men. Don't forget simple, European and American culture. No one respects a man who lets his woman do the fighting for him.
Posted by TheRussian 2 years ago
What generalizations have I made?
Posted by Shadow14 2 years ago
I am sorry that I have lumped together all guys for the rape issue part. I did not mean to do that, when I was talking about the guys I must clarify the ones who are sick enough to think of doing that. I did not mean to criticize all men, because there are a lot of good guys out there.
Posted by IwinYoulose333 2 years ago
The generalizations on both sides of this debate are ridiculous. I am a male. I don't think women shouldn't be allowed to fight for their country, or serve or whatever, but I really dislike being lumped together as you guys need to learn a little self control rape issue. Out of the male population of the military, very few have actually raped anyone. And in response to the "little wake up call," yes not all of us are Superman compared to women, but the AVERAGE male is stronger than the AVERAGE female.
Posted by adolfzz 2 years ago
Vote Placed by 2Sense 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con had the better-structured argument. But the argument itself was faulty in more ways than one. I would actually like to debate Con myself for a more in depth discussion about this topic.