Should women be allowed to vote?
I think my opponent should hold the burden of proof in this debate as he is opting for a change, and thus needs to prove why we need this change.
As my opponent has requested I go first, here goes.
I will start by giving six simple reasons on why woman should continue to be able to vote. In the next round I will add to my arguments while refuting cons
(1) It is a woman's right as a human being to be aloud to vote.
Why are woman so inferior to men that they should not be able to have their say on who runs the country? It is their right just as it is a man's right.
(2) A few centuries ago woman did not get involved in politics. But now their are many females who have high positions in government. Sarah Palin just ran for vice president.
So why should woman not be aloud to vote anymore after getting more and more rights in society?
Other countries would view America as sexist and unfair, and thus America's image as a fair and freedom suporting nation would be hurt.
(4) The feminists would go on the rampage and never allow it to even happen.
(5) Woman aren't stupid and shouldn't be treated so.
(6) If a woman doesn't care about politics, it is likely she won't vote any way. And if she does vote she would probably just be voting for whoever her husband supports.
I await cons response.
(1) They do not have any right at all. The country was running just fine back in the 18th and 19th centuries when women couldn't vote. Also, it says in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal. It doesn't even mention one word about women.
(2) You're right, Sarah Palin did just run for vice president....and she got demolished. How many women have been president of the U.S.? Exactly!
(3) Why should we care what other countries think?
(4) Men are easily stronger and smarter so therefore we would put a stop to the rampage very quick like.
(5) I need some proof on this one.
(6) Exactly! Her husband needs to tell her who to vote for. That's the only way she would ever even know anything about what goes on outside of the kitchen.
I await pros response.
By not contending my statements that he had the BOP con has accepted it.
Cons first argument is that I, making a simple spelling mistake, have helped prove his point as I am a woman and therefore don't know how to spell.
They have many rights. How do they have no rights at all? There are actually few rights men have that woman do not have.
Where is the proof that the country would be running just fine if woman could not vote? And where’s the proof that the country has not been running fine since woman have been allowed to vote. Con has not upheld his burden of proof.
///it says in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal. It doesn't even mention one word about women.//
Sexist and pointless.
///You're right, Sarah Palin did just run for vice president....and she got demolished. How many women have been president of the U.S.? Exactly!///
Judging by this statement I assume my opponent is not conservative. So let me point out two liberals Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. There are also plenty of others.
//(3) Why should we care what other countries think?//
Uh...do I really have to answer that?
Because we call ourselves the land of the free. Because we are considered by many as the most powerful country on earth. Because we don’t want to give our enemies reasons to criticize us and make us look bad. Because we need to maintain a good image.
So my opponent is saying since men are stronger and smarter this wouldn’t matter. Saying that men are stronger is implying my opponent says we should use brute force if this were to happen. It is a human beings right to protest.
After stating this I think it is safe to say my opponent is sexist. And I refuse his ridiculous request to provide evidence that woman are not stupid. On the other hand why don’t I just point out that the top debater on the leader board for this site is a woman. Therefore proving that woman are not stupid.
///(6) Exactly! Her husband needs to tell her who to vote for. That's the only way she would ever even know anything about what goes on outside of the kitchen.///
My opponent, it seems is of the opinion that woman are stupid. He does not however give any evidence what so ever to prove this. My opponent has the BOP but does not uphold it.
My opponent has done nothing but make feeble attempts to refute my claims. In the last round I declared that he had the BOP and by not contending that statement, he has excepted it. Therefore refuting my claims is not nearly enough for con to win this debate as he has the BOP, thus I ask you to vote pro.
skid-marksteve forfeited this round.
As my opponent has not upheld his burden of proof; vote pro.
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||4|