The_Master_Riddler
warrior_for_truth

Should women have the right to vote?

The_Master_Riddler

The_Master_Riddler

Pro

First round is acceptance.

No trolling, no semantics, or profanity.

Any of these things and there will be an automatic loss.

Acceptance of this debate means that con will abide by my rules and can not make any additional rules.
warrior_for_truth

Con

I personally don't think women should have the right to vote, because since women were given the right to vote, marriage and family has decayed. Women make decisions based on emotion rather than logic, and their emotions are very fickle. Women can indeed be highly intelligent, but their emotions get in the way. I believe voting should only be given to men, who think in straight lines, whereas women think in circles.

I'll wait for my opponent to present his arguments.
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

Thanks for accepting this debate. I had some doubts due to the comments saying that nobody will accept this debate.

Contention One: According to the First Amendment, everyone has the freedom of speech.

The first amendment gives everyone the right to speak their mind and because of that, infringing on a women's right to speak their mind on who is the most appropriate candidate for any election.

Contention Two: According to the 14th amendment, to remove a women's right to vote is segregation.

In the fourteenth amendment, it simply says (and I am paraphrasing) that everyone has equal protection under the law and because the law says that everyone has the right to vote, and women have that same protection, therefore they should have the right to vote.

Contention Three: Women have produced more votes than women.
What would be the point of having an election with 300 million people if only 3 million people vote? Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that because women vote. Women between the ages of 18-40 produce 80% of the votes in our elections and without those votes, our elections will be looking crazy!
warrior_for_truth

Con

The American Amendments are totally corrupt. Therefore, the Amendments cannot be the judgment that we use to determine whether or not a woman should have the right to vote. In other coutries it is legal for a adult to have sex with a child. Just because the laws says something is legal doesn't make it right.

Peace
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

If my opponent wants to be a troll, then he is being a bad one at that!

First, he has failed to define what corrupt means and how the amendments are corrupt. Also he has failed to realize that because of the first amendment, he was able to say such random statement. Also judges ruled so that women can have the right to vote because of the amendments.

Also he used the example of a woman having sex with a child as being corrupt but there are three problems when it comes to that statement:

1. This example has nothing to do with a women having the right to vote.

2. This example doesn't prove that women shouldn't have the right to vote.

3. The amendments don't say that women have the right to have sex with their kids.

My opponent has not stated any reasons why women shouldn't have the right to vote and didn't argue my third contention, so he concedes to my third contention as I patiently await for his arguments.
warrior_for_truth

Con

warrior_for_truth forfeited this round.
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

Because my opponent forfeited the last round, I will refute his arguments again with better information.
This is his argument:
The amendments are corrupt.
We should not use the law to decide what is right or wrong.
Therefore, the amendments should not be used to decide what is right or wrong.

First- there is no definition of corrupt.
Second- he did not show any relativity of corruption to the amendments.
Third- he did not prove that women voting is corrupt.

He also uses the example of women having sex with their children. This is a very good example of how the law promotes evil, but the problem with this argument not stated by my opponent is that the American law doesn't say that women having sex with their children is legal!

He also did not prove that women voting, which is legal, to be unjust, or not right.

He did not refute my last argument about women voting and did not post any arguments in the previous round!
warrior_for_truth

Con

My opponent is such a poor debater with such ridiculous arguments, he's not worth my time. I don't say that to be offensive, but there are other debaters who can offer me a better challenge with better arguments.

Good day!
Posted by warrior_for_truth 4 years ago
warrior_for_truth
Thanks for your reply Calliee. As a man I believe that women should be looked after and respected. But our Western culture seems to despise male authority. Why do so many women feel they must compete against men and be independent? If women calmed down and stopped listening to the feminists, I think more men would man-up and take better care of women.
Posted by callieelizabethdean 4 years ago
callieelizabethdean
I know this debate is long over, but I would just like to say that I fully agree with you, Warrior_for_truth. I am a woman myself, yet I find that our society is decaying because feminist women think they can be "men". Women are Women, and Men are men. And I think society.. and a good portion of everyone in it... has forgotten that, at least in the U.S.
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Ok, I'm going to award you sources as well then. Maybe the Lion of Judah will wake up! And smell the coffee! Or have Goliath beat him over the head with a big stick! Or Schtick!
Posted by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
@wrichcirw- That was an accident. I misinterpreted an article and that led me to post invalid information. However, I now have the appropriate article to prove that there are more women voters than women voters!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Ok, so the infamous Lion of Judah strikes again...!

1) PRO's arguments are IMHO inaccurate and easily countered, but the Lion of Judah would have none of this! Instead, he forfeits a round and makes ad hominem attacks! Such style! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with debating! The Lion of Judah simply does not know how to debate!
2) PRO: "According to the 14th amendment, to remove a women's right to vote is segregation. "
No, you mean discrimination, not segregation.
3) PRO: "Women between the ages of 18-40 produce 80% of the votes in our elections and without those votes, our elections will be looking crazy!" I haven't bothered to look this up, but my gut feeling says that this is wildly inaccurate. If this statistic had any merit, we would have had a woman President a long time ago.

Not sure if the Lion of Judah is trolling or not! I truly think he believes in his bald assertions! I am adding exclamation points to all of my sentences for no reason! Similarly, I find no reason to believe in any of Lion of Judah's assertions!

Conduct to PRO for CON's forfeiture, arguments to PRO even though his arguments are weak and easily countered through even the most trivial of sourcing. Unfortunately the Lion of Judah does not believe in any kind of sourcing! ! Random exclamation point!
The_Master_Riddler
Lol Mitt Romney
Posted by utahjoker 4 years ago
utahjoker
I say put all the women in the world in one giant binder (kidding)
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
" If they do, it will be confident debater who knows they can win you in some clever way of the words."--TUF

Hopefully, Con will catch onto semantics as an alternative to his usual tricks--I mean methods. :)
Posted by zgb1997 4 years ago
zgb1997
Of course there are. What I was trying to say is that your opponent has so far proven to be completely oblivious to the rules and formalities of debating, as well as the concept of burden of proof.
The_Master_Riddler
There are people who think women should not have the right to vote. I made this debate not to beat some random person, but to see their views on why women shouldn't have the right to vote.
Vote Placed by morgan2252 4 years ago
morgan2252
The_Master_Riddlerwarrior_for_truthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfieted and didn't back up any of his arguments, an simply said that his opponet was a poor debater. Thus, conduct and convincing arguments go to pro. Both sides had good spelling and grammar. Both sides had no sources.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
The_Master_Riddlerwarrior_for_truthTied
Reasons for voting decision: see comment
Vote Placed by blackfirewolf 4 years ago
blackfirewolf
The_Master_Riddlerwarrior_for_truthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't provide any good arguments.