Mr.masterDebator
Castaway

Should women have the same rights as men?!?

Castaway
Started: 12/5/2016 Category: Economics

Mr.masterDebator

Pro

I'm here to say that I think women should have the same right as men do. One reason I think women should have the same right as men is because they are the one's who gave birth to all of us men. Two what makes a man so much more important than men. Three women should get all of the credit other than men because even though man go to work and make money and women do too work. Women stay home and prepare food and clean the house and do laundry. Without women you wouldn't have a good Delicious hot meal in front of you every day. There wouldn't be clean clothes for you every day. The house would be dirty and a mess. I am a man but I believe women should still have the same rights as men!
Castaway

Con

Well I'm not (to my knowledge) a sexist person, I'd quite like to test out if I can argue for this. So, thanks for suggesting the debate, and best of luck.

Your opening argument is built off several points, which I'd like to go through if I may.

One, you say women give birth to men. Sure, that's true. Still, you haven't explained why that makes someone deserving of rights. I can just as easily say a dog guards and helps man, that doesn't entitle them to the same rights as men. How does giving birth entitle you to the same rights as men in and of itself?

Two, throughout history we can see that men are in positions of power over women. Every culture we see has the same dynamics that have been instilled in us due to evolution as a tribe. The woman holds a powerful role of motherhood that should most definitely be respected, but the father leads the tribe. He is the most powerful member and the strongest. Look at all the cultures in history. The vast majority have men in power, and that's for a reason. If women were equal or greater than men, history should be full of cultures where men and women were equal that would've conquered patriarchal societies.

Three, sure, women should get credit for the work they do. I think anyone who said otherwise is awful and unfair. But cooking and taking care of the house is a different role in what men fulfill, such as leading world governments and holding positions of power. Their work is definitely important, but the work of a housewife can in no way be compared to the work of a male leader of the world.
Mr.masterDebator

Pro

You said that men hold governmental powers but I suggest women do too. For instance Hillary Clinton almost won the presidential Debate. Also a women has just been added to congress. But as I stated women don't just stay home but they work too. If you go back in history as you my fellow rival said women have created wonderful inventions such as water heaters chocolate chip cookies which are very good. There are many,many more but I cant name them off the top of my had.
Castaway

Con

Sure, some women can hold power, but Clinton's a bad example, because she failed. Some women hold power, but for the vast majority of instances throughout history it's been men in power, and that's for a reason. If women were as good as men, more sexually equal societies would've beaten out the patriarchal ones, but they didn't.

The invention of water heaters or chocolate chip cookies pales in comparison to plans, cars, light bulbs and all the other amazing things men have created throughout history because they're the smartest sex.

Unless you can come up for an explanation why men-led cultures are those that lead history, you have a massive flaw in your argument that you've truly failed to address.
Mr.masterDebator

Pro

Women have invented plenty like The Square-Bottomed Paper Bag, Margaret Knight.Dishwasher, Josephine Cochran.The Fire Escape, Anna Connolly.Monopoly, Elizabeth Magie. Windshield Wiper, Mary Anderson.Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ruth Wakefield. The Solar Heated Home, Dr. Maria Telkes. The car heater, life raft, the modern electric fridge, ice cream maker, the computer, the computer algorithm, wireless communication, computer software, beer, and many many more. In intelligent men are dumber and smarter from women but recently it has been said by scientist that women are smarter than men!
Castaway

Con

The square-bottomed paper bag, a boardgame, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream makers, these are pitiful invetions to put up at what should be the height of invention. Other examples my opponent has no examples. Beer? Beer is an ancient creation that came about in neolithic times. What evidence do you have for this? The computer was built by Charles Babagge or Alan Turing, depending on how you define computer, and Turing also first put into place computer software. My opponent has claimed clear falsehoods and unknowns here. Sure, women have invented things, but do any of these inventions, the top of women at their game, come close to the best men have? Of course not. It's a bell curve. The brightest women are smarter than the dumbest men, but clearly we can see the top of the intelligence graph is populated by men.

My opponent also claims that "scientist" said that women are smarter than men. This is a blatant falsehood, and my opponent has shown no evidence for it. Some scientists do argue that we're equal, but many also argue that males are more intelligent.

Finally, my opponent has still failed to explain why patriarchal societies have dominated all of history, rather than egalitarian or matriarchal. If women and men were equal, we would see an equal number of matriarchal societies. Unless my opponent can address this, they have no real leg to stand on.
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
bro take it easy
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
bro take it easy
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
One, women didn't make beer, and they didn't make computers.

Two, begging for votes in a debate where you were heavily advantaged seeing as I was defending a pretty clearly backwards and despicable position is pretty pathetic, to be honest.
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
but yes women made beer and computers look it up plz vote for me
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
srry guys ill make another debate because i was in a rush to get recources but plz vote
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
I would vote but Pro had a terrible position in that last round. Women invented beer? Seriously? Where the hell do you get that from?
Posted by Mr.masterDebator 1 year ago
Mr.masterDebator
plz all people cast a vote
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
What about the responsibilities of being a man, when will women be forced to take the negatives along with the positives?
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
That's basically what you said in your Round 1 post. Care to elaborate?
Vote Placed by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
Hylian_3000
Mr.masterDebatorCastawayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Both had good conduct through the entire debate S&G: Bad grammar on both sides, but Pro had horrendous grammar. Arguments: While Con's arguments don't have much structure and foundation (at least, that's what I think) he did refute Pro's claims sufficiently and Pro did not address Con's arguments enough. Additionally, Pro did not do a good job reinforcing his own arguments. Although, Con's argument about historical Patriarchy didn't make much sense since we've done many wrong and immoral things in the past as a species. However, Pro did not refute it, so Con wins that too. Sources: No sources used (However there were statistics being used. Make sure to cite your sources next time). By the way, I believe that women should have the same rights as men, just putting that out there.