lewis25
schoolrules222

Should women join the military?

lewis25

Pro

The old military had only required physical strength. As a result, only men who have a better physical strength than women could join the military.
However, military today also requires technological plans and intelligence. Women's possibilities to join the military has been opened.

But, there are still groups who opposes the women soldiers. They still have the bias of gender, and they'll argue that women should take care kids, and dating could cause risk of the military.

However, I'm on the Pro side for arguing that women joining military should be allowed.

I'll post the rules.

Basic Rules
-NO FORFEITING
-Post a comment please to start a debate
-No curse words
-POIs could be allowed by comments

Round 1
-Introducing statement and your side
Round 2
-Argument 1
Round 3
-Argument 2+Rebuttal
Round 4
-Argument 3+Rebuttal
Round 5
-Main Rebuttal+Concluding statement

Good Luck!
schoolrules222

Con

Women should not join the military unless they are cooking because if you and your husband have kids and y'all both go to the military and you both get shot then what your kids will be so sad it will make no sense so the mom can be a stay at home mom while the men go and work in the military I just do not want women to go to war for something all men can do. So that is why I am against letting women join the military. The military was supposed to be for the men It was so for thousands of years. But these days this state is starting to change. More and more women, applauded by the media, join all branches of the military which i really don't like . One would say it's natural evolution and that the world is changing but cant the world stay the same? I can't disagree with this claim. But are those changes going in the right direction? Will it make more and more people happy?
lewis25

Pro

Before moving on to my main point, I'd like to rebut the opposition side's arguments.

First, the opposition speaker said that women and men have kids, and both parents go to the military and both got shot. However, what if they don't go to military, during war, they could be shot by the enemy's military, too. In past years, guns were the most dangerous weapons. However, these days powerful nuclear bombs, dynamites, TNT, and many other explosive weapons take place. Therefore, you could not predict who would get killed. Therefore, military and normal citizens have no difference they both have a percentage to be killed.

Now moving on to my main point....

First, women should join the military because we should not limit jobs by gender. In centuries ago, gender dicrimination was extreme that they have the limit of job by gender. However, today equality is being important, and military is one of the field. Last years, the often thing the military did was saving citizens, shooting, etc. But, today weapons became more complicated and intelligence are required. Thus, women had a chance to join the military. Only men military is now only an old story. We should not limit jobs depended on gender. Therefore, I believe that we should allow women in military.
schoolrules222

Con

schoolrules222 forfeited this round.
lewis25

Pro

Second, women should join the military because it increases the military's power. It is not the problem being killed as I early mentioned. It's because women could be killed during normal life when war is happening. But, when you go to the military, at least, you could protect yourselves. Also, in today intelligence are being important on militaries. Therefore, it could be a new field of women working on national security protection.

Wouldn't this be a development of a country?
schoolrules222

Con

schoolrules222 forfeited this round.
lewis25

Pro

Finally, women should join the military because women have the right to protect themselves from war. Military is the most safe place during war. In military, there are various technological military plans, and various devastating weapons. Surviving in this area will be way better than remaining in your house even without an arm. Well, also according to the con speaker, women should be safe. But, are staying home is a better way than protecting yourself by being trained in a military. I think not. I hope you don't forfeit in this round, and I yield my time.
schoolrules222

Con

schoolrules222 forfeited this round.
lewis25

Pro

lewis25 forfeited this round.
schoolrules222

Con

schoolrules222 forfeited this round.
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
Starting from Round 4 forfeit, in this debate, there was a system problem, so we didn't know that we had arguments due.
Posted by bananaedmonkey 1 year ago
bananaedmonkey
I dont think women should join the military because no one should join the military, we should be like iceland.
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
In rules I accidently didn't say the Rebuttals in Round 2
In Round 2, you should do the rebuttal of the previous round
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
The debate topic is including all jobs on military.
Posted by lewis25 1 year ago
lewis25
Posted by Brandon221423 1 year ago
Brandon221423
Does this include front line fighting?