MasterDebater1181
ThePunisher1234

Should women over child bearing age be euthanized?

ThePunisher1234

MasterDebater1181

Pro

I consider women who are past childbearing age to be unnecessary to society. I think it would be more practical for society to euthanize women over the menopause age.
ThePunisher1234

Con

I accept this debate. I will be arguing that euthanizing women over child bearing age without their permission should not be legal.
MasterDebater1181

Pro

MasterDebater1181 forfeited this round.
ThePunisher1234

Con

My opponent forfeited the round. I'm not really sure what exactly I'm supposed to do... I guess we will start the next round?
MasterDebater1181

Pro

MasterDebater1181 forfeited this round.
ThePunisher1234

Con

Alright, my opponent has forfeited every reasonable round of this debate, so I believe I win by default. I'll give what would have been my opening argument anyway. It's basically just common sense.

First of all, the idea that all women over child bearing age are useless to society is obviously incorrect. The average age at which a woman reaches menopause is 51. About 5% of women have menopause as late as 55. Just for the heck of it, let"s assume that all women reach menopause at age 55. The number of unemployed women (women who were searching for jobs) in 2015 was 3.6 million. Of them, around 600,000 were over the age of 55. Now, while it should be noted that many of the women are either retired or housewives, many of them are employed and earning money. And, more importantly than any of this, why is the specific ability of a woman to reproduce the only element of her life that is valued here? I am by no means a feminist, but the idea that women who lack the ability to reproduce are useless to society is clearly misogynistic. What about working women? Most can do virtually everything that men can. They are certainly not useless to society.

Also, let"s consider the cost of killing 34.9 million women (the number of women over the age of 55 or above). That number is about 12 years out of date. I"m sorry about that. I had a hard time finding more recent data. But anyway, let"s go with it. Now, in order to euthanize someone, there are three different drugs to use: sodium pentobarbital, pancuronium bromide, and potassium chloride (these are the ones used frequently in the U.S. for death row prisoners and the like). These drugs are difficult to produce in large quantities, and they are quite expensive. The average cost of killing an inmate is around 1,200-1,300 dollars. Your idea would cost 45 billion dollars. That is an absolutely insane amount of money to spend on the mass killings of old women. That"s like building three Trump-style walls around the southern border of the U.S..

I honestly feel like this whole debate was a troll. I don"t even know why I accepted it. But clearly, apart from the human rights violated by this whole thing, it is far too expensive and completely unnecessary.

http://www.cmdrc.com...
http://www.bls.gov...
https://www.dol.gov...
Posted by ThePunisher1234 11 months ago
ThePunisher1234
Are you still going to debate?
Posted by MasterDebater1181 11 months ago
MasterDebater1181
To ThePunisher1234,

Yes.
Posted by ThePunisher1234 11 months ago
ThePunisher1234
What is the structure for this debate? Is the first round for acceptance?
Vote Placed by missmozart 11 months ago
missmozart
MasterDebater1181ThePunisher1234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD- Forfeit by Pro so conduct goes to Con.