lege12bi
marcdavenport19

Should you be able to drop out of school at your own will?

marcdavenport19 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

lege12bi

Pro

1. No forfeits
2. Citations should be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final speeches
4. Observe good sportsmanship and act civilly/decorously in the debate
5. No trolling
6. No "kritiks" of the topic (challenging assumptions in the resolution)
7. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add resolutional definitions
8. The BOP is evenly shared
9. Follow the structure of the debate properly
11. Rebuttals of new points raised in an adversary's immediately preceding speech may be permissible at the voters discretion even in the final round (debaters may debate such rebuttals' appropriateness)
12. Violation of any of these rules, or of any of the R1 set-up, merits a loss
marcdavenport19

Con

I love school, school is a place you can enjoy! School. It's that glorious mix of social and educational encounters that happens every week day for thirteen long years. Sure there are holiday breaks and summer breaks, and even those weird days when your teachers have to show up but you don't. But for the most part, your entire childhood is spent in school. If you have to be there - and federal laws say you do - you might as well have a great time! Here are our top five reasons to go to school every single school day. When trying to figure out which after school club you should pick, try to think about which one interests one and what you can commit to. Also, ask the school administration how long the clubs are and talk to your parents if you can stay after school. Ask the teachers in subjects like math and science what you could use that skill for in life. For example, fractions could be useful to change the amount of servings in a recipe. Seeing how this skill makes your life easier will motivate your brain to store the information better.Avoid studying last minute before any kind of test, whether the test be big or small. Be prepared at least two weeks before your test.Always watch out for people who might be aiming to hurt you or manipulate you for their own purposes. If you feel that people are attempting to do this, it is advisable to tell a trusted adult.
lege12bi

Pro

All school does is "teach" you information that you won't use later in life, except for basic math/reading & writing. School does NOT give you a great education, contrary to popular belief. And it also does NOT give us the skills necessary to surviving the "real world." It just crams useless information into our minds, nothing more and nothing less. I'm no closer to achieving my dream through school as an entrepreneur. What if I told you school was making us less intelligent. Well theirs more then one type of intelligence but school teaches people to act a certain way and if you don't do it this way you wont be successful in life. Also why do Schools not teach life skills that are practical like how to do your finances,how to cook etc. Yes it is getting more spread out but its not mainstream. What if I started a company and I earned 2 million dollars a year at 16 years old. In my state I cannot drop out of school until I'm 18 and that would be very hard as a business owner. I feel like as long as students talk about it with parents and counselors they should be able to make there own decisions as America is a free country and we have the right to make decisions for our common good.