FallenRobbin
nathaniel_hsiao

Should you fight a bully?(school project)

FallenRobbin

FallenRobbin

Pro

I think we should fight back. What do you think I need stats! Thank you.
nathaniel_hsiao

Con

I think we should not fight back as it will endanger our safety and it might also cause us trouble as the school bully might call his friends to harass you. We might also get found out by the teacher. Therefore this motion must fall.
FallenRobbin

Pro

Yes, a little violence is not the best. But if we don't fight back they come back again and again to show how weak and pathetic they make you out to be. I rather be known as the guy who was hurt than the guy who ran.
nathaniel_hsiao

Con

nathaniel_hsiao forfeited this round.
FallenRobbin

Pro

Man I was hoping he would stay in it was a good argument.
nathaniel_hsiao

Con

nathaniel_hsiao forfeited this round.
Posted by JaanVahl 1 year ago
JaanVahl
The main reason why bullies do what they do is because their actions prompt some sort of response. If there is an audience and they laugh to the bullies jokes and watch what he/she does, the bully will become motivated, even more so if the victim shows obvious signs of distress or discomfort. Not many people are able to do this, but the best way to get rid of bullies is to remain completely neutral to them, to have no buttons which they could press. When they come up to you, you would talk to them as you would a normal person, perhaps debate with them or logically argue that they should pick on someone else. If that doesnt work, and they resort to violence, you have the right to defend yourself.
Posted by Quadrunner 1 year ago
Quadrunner
This seems like an unwinnable debate since there is a time to fight, hoping for forgiveness and a time to take the high ground and forgive. Not all bullies are the same, and they should not all be reacted to the same way.
Posted by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
If one wants to retain their dignity, they must defend their dignity if necessary. You cannot let others take it at will.
Posted by liltankjj 1 year ago
liltankjj
I've faught bullies when I was young. They became some of my good friends. I see nothing wrong with someone standing up for themselves.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
FallenRobbinnathaniel_hsiaoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture