haileylashomb
RebornPatriot

Should young Americans be required to study more than one language?

RebornPatriot

haileylashomb

Pro

RebornPatriot

Con

I accept this debate pro please state your case.
haileylashomb

Pro

Learning a different language that is different from your own is very essential for education. if young Americans study a different language, then they will be able to do better in school. Young Americans will score higher on standardized tests if they study a different language because they will be better problem solvers, no matter what problem they have. Young Americans will also be more open to diversity. Also, learning a at a young age instead of an adult will be much easier because they have the capacity to learn many languages at once without getting confused, because as the brain develops, so does the ability to separate one language from another
RebornPatriot

Con

My opponent has provided no reason why learning a foreign language should be required. My opponent has stayed away from the resolution.

I will now provide my reasons why learning a foreign language shouldn't be required.

C1: It is not essential to a person's education.

What good is making someone take a foriegn language that they wont use. Many jobs dont require you to know a foriegn language and if a person is not interested in learning a new language the student will not use it nor remeber the information.

C2: Puts new costs on schools.

Many schools budgets are tight making foriegn language required would worsen that schools will have to start cutting other subjects and some schools may even fail. All because of making students learn something that many of them won't use.

Conclusion:

There is no reason why foriegn language classes should be required. All making it required would do is further hurt schools, teachers, and students.
haileylashomb

Pro

Some colleges require that you have learned a language, but you dont have to memorize it, you just have to show that you studied it.
Also, if you learn a language, then you may be able to get a decent paying job.
Learning another language can also be fun if you want it to be, you will be able to speak to other people in that language. If a new teacher comes into the school and only speaks, for example, spanish, and you speaked spanish, then you would be able to speak to them. this case is very unlikly to happen, but it is maybe a chance.
RebornPatriot

Con

Again by opponent states no reason why it should be required only that you should study another language if my opponent does not provide reasons then con has lost this debate. Not only that con did not rebuttal many of my statements.
haileylashomb

Pro

I beilieve you have won this debate
RebornPatriot

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for the debate. But that does not justify my opponent not giving reasons why it should be required and basically conceding in the last round. VOTE CON!
Posted by Drach 4 years ago
Drach
n Michigan you need 2 years of a foreign language to graduate from highschool so some states have laws like that
Posted by poorenglishspeaker 4 years ago
poorenglishspeaker
English is said to be universal language,that's why young Americans don't need to learn other language.
Posted by CallmeKoba 4 years ago
CallmeKoba
oh my goodness pro

.. well done con.
Vote Placed by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
haileylashombRebornPatriotTied
Vote Placed by EvanK 4 years ago
EvanK
haileylashombRebornPatriotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was good on both sides, as was spelling and grammar. No sources used by either side. Con wins because pro didn't show why foreign language should be required for young American students.