lyhanu
TheDragon5

Should young people get married during college time?

lyhanu has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

lyhanu

Pro

In my opinion, marriage while being a student in university is acceptable because of many reasons. Firstly, it is the good way for couples to save money. Clearly, they can share the rent, food, and others expense as well. Moreover, they also spend time taking care of each other when they live far from families.
TheDragon5

Con

Thanks to Pro for this debate.

While marrying during college is not inherently wrong, many advise against it.

Alexis Nelson from dailytoreador.com explains, "The problem with that idea, though, is that marrying young can not only force young adults to quickly grow up, but also cause strain on a marriage that might not be there if a couple was to wait until a few years after college to marry."

"According to an article on npr.org, the average age of couples getting married is 28. The same article also states the brain does not fully mature until the age of 25. With the average age of a graduate obtaining a four-year degree being around 22 or 23 years old, that brain maturity is still at least two years after a college student graduates. Gaining that independence and maturity helps a person to be able to deal with the hardships that can make up a marriage."

As explained by Ms. Nelson, tying the knot with someone before full brain maturity can negatively effect the marriage.

Pro's turn, good luck!

http://www.dailytoreador.com...
Posted by TheDragon5 1 year ago
TheDragon5
That one was rather difficult to find sources for.
Posted by TheDragon5 1 year ago
TheDragon5
Well, looks like you figured it out, lol. You might want to change your position to Pro, since your actual argument seems to be arguing FOR people getting married during college. Do that before I accept.
Posted by lyhanu 1 year ago
lyhanu
Sorry. This is the first time I've joined in this so I don't know how to challenge or open the debate. Can you show me?
Posted by TheDragon5 1 year ago
TheDragon5
I'd like to accept, please challenge me or open the debate for me.